Another Late Night Talk / "Mind Freakers"

I run to the cabin, but I was too late, Gwen is already waiting for me on her chair with that smirk of hers, that she been giving me alot lately

"Oh No" I mumble to myself as I plop on my bed. "So, do you want to talk about how you and David are 'just friends'?" She asks.

"I don't know what to tell you, it was just to snap him out of his daze, we both know he would have let it destroy him" I try to explain.

"You could've just slapped him, that's what I would've done, and it would have worked just as well" she replies.

"I honestly haven't considered that" I'm actually kind of embarrassed.

"That could be because you didn't want to hurt him, or cause you just wanted to give him a kiss" she smiles for once, and not her famous smirk.

"Why are you trying to convince me to get with David so much" I finally ask.

"Well, one it's not just you and" she starts saying but mumbling the rest. "What?"  She groans before answering "I need motivation for my story".

"Seriously" I ask annoyed. "Well also because after you got here, he changed, not much, but enough for someone who known him long enough to notice, just hear me out, if it doesn't work out I'll take the fall" Gwen says as she walks over and sits next to me.

"No offense, but how the hell will you take the fall, either it ruins our friendship, or it will seem that I was just playing with his emotions for your personal gain" I inform her.

"And anyway, last time I tried dating, not only did I lose a friend, I also got kicked out of my home, so trust me, I probably won't date again, and definitely not for a while, now if you don't mind I'm going to go to sleep" I tell her.

She gets up and goes to her bed as I lay down. "I know it seems like I'm being selfish, but trust me, I just want to see David happy, and I didn't think it was possible but he seems happier around you, so at least think about it" she tells me before she turns off the light. 

'i can't, especially now, I finally am able to see Max and I am Not going to abandon him again' I roll over and go to sleep.

In The Morning

I wake up to the sound of our cabin door getting kicked open. "Today's the day" someone grumbles.  'must be Quartermaster'.  I look at him and I see Gwen is as well.

"Quartermaster, I told you to let them rest" David whispers.

"The day for what Q.M." Gwen asks tiredly. "The Training" he answers. "Training?" David asks.

Quartermaster walks over to me "let's go girly" he says. I already know that he's not going to take no for an answer.

I groan before unwillingly getting out of bed. "Alright, where we going?" I yawn, and he starts walking so I just follow. David and Gwen are whispering something, but I can't quite make out what they're saying...

After a five minute walk Quartermaster stops infront of a bunch of equipment. "I will not go easy on you" he warms me. This is going to hurt

*TimeSkip*

I'm currently very sore since Quartermaster wasn't lying when he said he wasn't gonna go easy on me. I learned how to block, dodge, and I think he called it a counter attack. Anyway it's been probably a few hours.

"That's should be good for today, next time we'll be working with weapons" he grumbles. "Alright... Wait what!? Weapons?" I ask for clarification. "Yep" he replies as he randomly has a bottle that has a skull on it. He pops it open and drinks some as he starts walking away.

Well hopefully the campers had a good day

"Where are the Counselors!" What sounds like Preston yells

Oh great

When I get there Everyone looks frantic. "Max what should I do?!" Neil yells.

It looks like he's about to answer but when he opens his mouth a bird flys out.

"I think I'm gonna be sick" he groans as he holds his stomach and walks away.

"What the hell is going on here?" I yell. "Oh thank God, (Y/n) I need your help" Neil panics as he rushes over to my side and holds onto my arm.

"Neil, you just have to believe!" Harrison yells at him. "Fine, yes! I believe. I believe in magic! Just do it!" Neil sounds desperate.

"And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the greatest trick of all. Getting a cynical, closed-minded asshole to believe in magic" Harrison says proudly and the other campers cheer. "B-but what about Nikki" Neil sounds worried.

I finally see Nikki on the ground, her face is bright red and it doesn't look like she's breathing but she suddenly jumps up and exclaims "Ta-da, Magic!"

"What? B-but how Nikki, you should be dead?" Neil asks. "I keep telling you Neil, the answer is simple, Magic, Boop" Harrison answers as 'boops' Neil's nose.

Neil glares at him "Fuck you Harrison" he says with complete anger.

Everyone starts walking away and Nikki suddenly sees me as she runs over.

"(Y/n)!, You missed a awesome day!" She says happily. "Oh really?" I ask her, knowing her she'll tell me what happened in the fewest words possible.

"Yeah, Harrison was showing us magic when suddenly Neil shows up and us like 'Magic isn't real' and Harrison was all like 'yes it is' then he put a spell on max, which was meant for Neil, then Harrison made me his apprentice, but then I switched to Neil's side since we be fam, well Neil tried to do the trick with the power of 'Science' which almost killed me but Magic saved me, which now I'm tired so I'm going to go to sleep now since it's late and it's been an exciting day" she says quickly as she runs off leaving me with more questions then I originally had.

But she is right that it's getting late and my body needs some well needed rest so I slowly walk to the cabin and see David and Gwen so focused on the TV, it looks like they're watching Bob Ross. "Let's just put a happy little cloud right there" the tv says.

Definitely Bob Ross

I quietly get on my bed, since they don't seem to notice me it didn't take long for me to fall asleep

Authors Note

Sorry for the short chapter and I want to say thanks for being patient with me, I'll try to post a lot more now , until next time, stay awesome 😎