Into Town

Authors Note - 'flashback/memories'

It's not quite morning yet, but I figure I'll get ready for the day. Before I walk out I remember Quartermaster saying to rest today.

I guess I can work on that drawing Gwen requested, I pull out my sketch book and start a rough drawing.

How am I supposed to forget him of I draw him? I'm sorry Gwen, but I'm going to draw something else for now.

I decide to draw the camp, the first person I draw is Max, I still remember when we were younger, everytime he did something he was proud of he would want to show our parents and get their approval but they always pushed him away. But I was happy to give him that feeling of acceptance.

' I'm currently working on math homework when I hear Max run inside "hey dad, look at what I made" I hear him exclaim. "Not now, I'm busy, go show your mother" I hear dad grumbles. "Oh, ok" Max says sounding slightly disappointed before he runs off to find our mom, who is most likely on her computer doing work. "Hey mom-" before he can even finish mom cuts him off.

"Not now Max, I got alot of work to do, and I don't have time for you or your little crafts" She rudely says. "Fine" Max says angrily and runs out. "Where you going little dude?" I ask as I put my homework away.

"I'm going outside to burn this" he replies holding something. "That looks cool, what is it?" I curiously as as I get closer. "It's something we made in school, we went on a nature hunt and whatever we found we glued onto this plate to show 'the beauty of nature' whatever that means" he answers.'

He was so quick to destroy his work cause of those monsters.

I hear Gwen yawn. "What the fuck are you doing up?" She sits up. "When I woke up I seen it was almost light out, so I decided to stay up" I answer as I add details to Max's floofy hair.

"What you working on?" She sits at her desk. "Just doodling the campsite, I was going to draw what you requested, but I want to forget" I tell her.

"That's fine, sorry for asking you to draw him" she pulls out her 'journal'.

"So whats on the schedule for today" I shut the sketch book and lean back. "David wants to do Fire Control Camp, and Political History Camp today, which will definitely end in disaster" she answers.

"Before you say anything, your not helping, your just going to relax today and heal up" she says strictly.

"I'm ok, it's just a few bruises, the swelling went down" I tell her. "How can you keep saying that, no offense, but you kinda look like shit" she asks.

I shrug "this isn't the worse that I been through" I say nonchalantly. Before she can say anything there's a small bang outside. "We're going to continue this conversation" she tells me as David walks in and his hair is slightly on fire, he's covered in ash, and he has what seems to be a flag, or a banner on his shoulders that seemed to be forced over his head.

"I told you if you don't do Fire Safety Camp and Political History Camp in the same day unless you really want it to turn into Riot Control Camp" She tells him. He lets out a small groan. For a split second I think I see Max's little poof outside the window.

"Go, get out of here" she tells him as she tosses the car keys at him. "Wha?" He mumbles.

"You're not going to do anyone any good if you keep letting Max get to you like this, so go, get out of dodge, and take (Y/n) with you, she could use a break...I'll cover underwater basket weaving tomorrow. Take the campmobile and get outta dodge for a day, Reset!" She tells him as she lightly pushes me towards him.