Tour of the Camp

I try to gather all my stuff before I step off of the bus. Then a girl walks over to me, she must be Gwen since she looks way to old and exhausted to be a camper.

"Hey, you must be (Y/n), I'm Gwen and welcome to Camp Campbell, blah blah blah, let's get your stuff to the cabin then I'll take you on your tour" She says sounding very uninterested. We take a few steps before she stops us. "This is our mess hall, where we serve kinda crappy meals, and this is the flag pole, warning the other counselor here always solutes it, if you don't want to hear a long boring story from him, it's probably best not to ask why". We continue walking.

"So, what made you want to work here?" She asks. "Well my Ex kicked me out, and my friend didn't let me stay or work with her, and she handed me a old looking newspaper with an ad for work here" I answer.

"Wow dick move, but I guess it's a good thing for us, the kids here are kind of a hand full, oh and so you don't get your hopes up about money, we don't really make much, practically nothing. But there's food and a living space, so there's some perks" she says as she holds the door open for a cabin.

She takes some of my bags and puts it on a small cot. "I know it's not much, but this is all I could afford on short notice, and I hope you don't mind sharing a cabin with me, David, the other counselor here doesn't really know your joining" She mumbles that last part.

"That's ok, I think I'll be able to manage" I say. She tosses me a shirt. "This looks like it would fit you, David is currently making home made ice cream with the campers inside the mess hall, so I can show you around camp" she says as she leads me around the camp site. Pointing things out as we pass them.

"This is quarter masters dorm, it will probably be better for your mental health if you don't go in there, and this is the activity field, there is arts and crafts, magic camp, other magic camp, science camp, and a bunch of other camps, and we have ten campers and sometimes David can seem kinda like a child, one time.." She gets interrupted by some screaming. "Great, what did he do now" she groans.

We walk over near a lake and we see a bunch of people running on a peer away from a platypus.

"Where do we go now!?" A nerdy looking kid asks. "I don't know, this was a bad idea in hindsight!" Who I'm guessing is David yells. "I want a viking funeral! Light me up!" A girl with greenish teal hair yells. As Gwen groans again.

We walk over and I pick up the platypus by it's tail. It starts squirming and hissing. "What the hells going on here!" Gwen yells.  "We're finding a mascot" David answers. Gwen sighs and pinches the bridge of her nose "why must you always make things weird and complicated?" She asks.

"I think this is all pretty normal" He replies. "Hey Gwen, who is that?" The teal hair girl asks. "Good question Nikki, this is     (Y/n), our new camp co-counselor"

"Hi" I drop the mascot as a give a slight wave. David looks like he's about to ask a question but out of nowhere it sound like horns are being played and the creepy dude from earlier is on a throne with small animals carrying him.

"Oh god, I need more midol" I look at Gwen and it looks like she's in pain. "What the FUCK!" I hear a familiar voice yell. I look back and I see Max walk out from being QuarterMaster. "What are they doing here!" He yells as he points at me. "Be nice to our newest camp counselor max" David tells him. "Oh god no" max mumbles and Gwen grabs my arm and drags me back to our cabin.

"That's max, he's kind of a little shit" she warns me. "Oh" I reply. It would probably be best if I don't inform her that Max is my little brother quite yet.