Chapter 4

Sasuke's Pov~

I woke up the next morning with susanoo sleeping on top of me, that's usual but is it normal.

I did my usual and walked to the court, the idea he gave me yesterday seemed really nice.
A ball huh, get to know others. Somehow my interest lies elsewhere I think.

"Ah, Sasuke, good morning!" my dad greeted me.
"Good morning dad"
"Karin will be here today" he informed me.
"oh" I said slowly, well I did promise that I'd get to know her.

"Ok then, when will she arrive?" I asked him.
"In an hour and a half. She will leave before your fencing practice, I also want you to personally escort her around"
"Yes father" I bowed and turned to leave the throne room.

I stopped when I remembered what I had come here for.
"Father, actually I have a suggestion if things with Karin don't work out"
He looked at me showing me he has my attention.

"I was thinking about a ball. We could invite the princesses around the world"

"You are finally speaking like a king"

"On one condition though" I added.

"Speak"

"Every maiden in this village also should be invited" I told him.

He looked at me skeptically, "In the presence of high kings and princesses?" he asked me.

"They are the people of our kingdom father, we must not exclude them. It'll help us live up to our reputation" I told him.

He smiled again, content, "Well spoken son. And so it shall be" he said.

I bowed and excused myself to go to my room again.

In an hour and a half exactly, I saw that a carriage arrived.

I went outside to greet her, she came down the steps of the carriage with an elegant red gown in the design of roses.

She stepped down and walked towards me. She knows what she is doing, she is a good princess.

"Ah, you must be Sasuke " She said, "young prince of the uchiha kingdom"

"Yes, Ms. Karin"

"Ah, Ms. Uzumaki. What a pleasure to finally meet you" my dad said standing behind me.

"Likewise, your majesty" she held her gown and bowed.

"You are from the uzumaki kingdom?" I asked.

"Yes"

"Now, now. Go inside, spend your time getting to know each other." My dad hurried us.

The rest of the day was actually good. She was good at etiquette, at archery and she was respectable and had a huge area under her rule.

But.....

I didn't want her, I respected her but it might possibly never turn to love.

And.....

She wasn't happy, I could see it clearly.

We were standing by the waterfall in the garden, it was almost evening.

"Why do you look so down?" I asked her.

"Oh, I meant no disrespect your majesty." she quickly apologized.

"No it's alright. It's just that something tells me you don't want this" I re-phrased.

"You won't judge?" she nervously laughed.

"Not at all" I said.

"I like the prince of the 'flowing water' kingdom" she said, "We have actually been seeing each other." she said sadly.