12 | Into The Breach

Harumi and Lloyd entered the sleeping quarters after they spoke with Garmadon.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Harumi asked as she played with her hands. "I don't want to lose you, Lloyd." It's part of dating a ninja, you need to learn to face the truth that sometimes, lives need to be risked.

"I'm sorry, Rumi. But I don't have a choice. I just can't trust him." He started as he tried to defend himself. The whole Ninjago rests on his shoulders, and at this point, he was clinging onto every solution they could think of.

"I understand. But I need you to promise me that you'll be back, in one piece." She emphasized the last part which made Lloyd laugh at her protectiveness.

"I promise, Rumi." He held her hand and she pulled him into a hug and looked at his face. "You sure you're going to be alright?" Lloyd asked as he placed a hand on her cheek.

"I'll only be alright when you get back." She looked down at her feet. She was nervous, an emotion she's been feeling very often, but she knew there was nothing she could do.

Lloyd lifted her chin and pulled her into a kiss. Harumi smiled as she kissed him back. The door burst open and the two pulled back in shock. They turned to face the door and saw Garmadon standing outside.

"Do you mind?" Lloyd retorted as he stood in front of Harumi with his arm in front of her that acted as a barrier between her and his father.

"What do you want?" She sneered after gaining the courage to say a word to him.

"Now, is that how you treat your future father-in-law?" Garmadon attempted to tease the couple but it came out awkwardly so he cleared his throat. "We have arrived." He announced and walked out.

Lloyd gave Harumi a tight hug and they ran out of the room and to the top of the ship. Zane placed a camera on Lloyd's head as Garmadon waited by the ledge.

The bounty was hovering above the city which was now covered in the dark clouds. Flashes of lighting could be seen from the inside. Harumi placed Lloyd's sword on the back of his gi.

"This will allow us to see what's happening inside the cloud." Zane informed him.

"You sure you want to do this, Lloyd?" Kai inquired and the Green Ninja looked back at him with a determined face.

"I'll be fine. Don't worry." He reassured all of them.

"That assumption is unfounded." Garmadon stated. "You are mostly human. That side of you is weak."

"It's also stubborn. Let's go." Lloyd smiled at Harumi who smiled back. "Give him a sword, Cole."

"Uh, are you sure about that?" Cole asked as he plucked the sword stuck on the ground. No. He wasn't. But Lloyd still nodded and Cole approached Garmadon then threw the sword at his feet.

"Hyah!" They heard Garmadon yell as he jumped up to attack.

"Look out!" Harumi shouted towards Cole who looked back and saw Garmadon in the air. Cole screamed and quickly drew out his hammer.

Jay pulled out his nunchucks as he approached the duel. Cole had been tossed to the corner and Jay followed shortly. Lloyd summoned his powers and started his spinjitzu as he went to attack his father who had managed to avoid it by jumping over him and onto Kai and Zane who also had their weapons ready. Harumi pulled out her twin katana as she and Nya defended Pixal. Zane launched an arrow at him which Garmadon deflected with his sword while Harumi and Nya launched at him. They both got kicked backwards and Pixal was thrown towards Zane.

"Try that again, now that I'm ready." Cole challenged as he tightened his grip on his weapon.

Garmadon felt his power flow inside him and he activated a purple flame on his left hand. He raised his arms to get a good look at the power he had managed to regain.