I turn my attention back to the show and watch John B run through someone's backyard. Out of no where I feel a sharp kick right above my belly button. The sensation startles me. I gasp in surprise, grapes flying as the bowl tumbles to the floor but I don't even notice.

Giovanni leaps off the couch. "What's wrong?" He asks in alarm but I can't speak as I drop my hand to the area and feel another kick. "Nolani!"

I still can't manage to form a coherent thought much less speak so I grab his wrist and place his hand where mine had been.

"What's wrong?" Giovanni questions again but one of the twins answers him with a sharp kick right against his palm. His eyes widen and drop to his hand. We wait, the pair of us focused so hard I think the babies will somehow know and stop moving but they don't. Two little hits nudge Giovanni's hand and I laugh.

Just as quickly as the moment came it was gone. Giovanni removes his hand and clears his throat before leaving the room quietly.

His quick exit didn't put a damper on my mood though, I fell asleep with a smile on my face that night.

"Good morning." I say, grabbing a glass and filling it up with water not interested in even attempting to eat as my stomach churns with nausea.

I lean against the counter and grimace, my hand dropping to my stomach. It feels like the twins are swimming laps in there or doing somersaults. The feeling of them move is amazing but sometimes it makes me more nauseous than I already am. I'd hoped since I was in the second trimester the nausea would've dissipated by now but it hadn't.

Giovanni's brow furrows, his eyes focusing on my hand. "Are they okay?"

"Yeah, I'm just a little nauseous." I reply and take a long drink of water.

He doesn't say anything for a minute so I put my glass down and meet his gaze. Something swirls around those amber eyes but he must dismiss whatever it is as his eyes go back to his phone.

"We leave in five minutes." He says.

I take a seat at the table and grab my own phone from my purse so I can scroll social media.

"Aren't you going to eat breakfast?" He questions.

"No, I don't feel so good." I mumble.

"What's wrong?"

My eyes meet his and I shrug. "Sometimes I'm just nauseous, it's all part of it."

"Are you sure?" He pushes.

I arch an eyebrow at him. "Yes. You worry too much. I kinda miss when you insulted me, now you act as if something bad is gonna happen."

Giovanni rises from his seat and slides his phone in his pocket. "Come on."  He demands.

Matteo appears practically out of thin air and follows us into the garage.

"Where's Angelo?" I ask as Matteo opens the drivers door of the SUV and gets inside.

I'm so used to having Angelo with me it makes me uneasy to go somewhere without him, especially with Giovanni.

"He's training some new men I hired." Giovanni answers before opening the back door and motioning for me to get inside.

The drive to Dr. Gellar's office is actually shorter than the one from my house but I would never admit that to Giovanni, although I'm sure he's well aware. After the usual pee in a cup, weighing and blood pressure check I lie back on the bed, over the moon that I get to see my babies.