{19} maybe it's the double vision-

UNSURPRISINGLY, THE FIRST CAR that they found was unlocked- Tony Stark having too much faith in his building's security to care about locking cars.

There was a tense silence as Wanda waited for Peter's, "Hey guys! Fancy seeing you here-" before she shoved Harley through nearest door and promptly threw the duffle bags in after him; one might have purposefully hit him in the head but no one could be sure. Although Harley may have had an inkling as he shot Wanda a dirty look over his shoulder whilst she clambered into the driver's seat, a satisfied smirk resting on her lips before she ducked out of sight of stray Hydra soldiers.

Any noise they made was covered up effectively by Peter's taunting.

"Is it bad I think he is so hot right now?" Harley whispered, watching in awe out of the car window. Wanda rolled her eyes as she lifted down the visor and a set of keys dropped into her hands.

"You are a useless gay disaster." She deadpanned; her words masked as she honked the horn.

At the cue, Peter dropped to the ground and looked around at the group of Hydra now surrounding him; his mind jumped to the similar circumstances of the warehouse. "It's been a while, right? Is this our reunion?" He snarked, hiding the nervous lilt to his words with an awkward chuckle before he struck out- Peter felt a tooth shatter under the impact of his fist.

There was a sudden gunshot, but Peter felt his sense's warning and dropped and rolled out of the way in a practiced manner; the bullet only just missed his shoulder and buried itself in a Hydra goon instead. As Peter jumped back to his feet, he used Natasha's signature move; his legs gave him the momentum he needed so his thighs could wrap around the enemy with ease- he tugged to one side and fluidly rolled back to his feet as they slumped to the ground.

"How was my form?" He asked, pushing some hair out of his eyes. "No criticism?" He asked, openly staring out at the three men in front of him. "You guys flatter me, honestly."

A growl came from his right, joined by a fist that caught Peter's temple as he danced out of the way a beat too late. He stumbled but managed to catch himself, vision doubling as he forced out, "Okay. I'm done with this." and stood back to his full height. Peter grabbed a gun from one of the corpse's bodies and took aim, managing to catch two Hydra agents by surprise.

The sound of gunshots made Wanda and Harley sink further down in their seats.

The final agent standing circled Peter with his own weapon poised, finger heavy on the trigger. "I'd love to do this all day, but I've got places to be-"

He shot as Peter dived out of the way, the bullet skimming his side; he clenched his teeth as the pain blossomed and blood began to steadily soak his shirt. "Goddammit." Peter hissed as he elbowed the man and shot him as he spun around in one smooth movement. The shot echoed as he heaved in a breath, hand dropping to his wound protectively. For a moment, Peter just stood in the centre of the carnage, staring down at the embroiled Hydra symbol with a look of loathing. Eventually though, he moved towards the car and Wanda climbed over the seat and into the passenger side.

"You are bleeding." She noted dryly as Peter manoeuvred himself into the driver's seat.

"Good to see you've got keen eyesight." He muttered, not looking back at Harley- he did not need to see the disappointed expression; he could already feel the disappointed eyes on him for getting shot in the first place. It wasn't like he had much of a choice in the matter or else he'd have given it a hard pass- being shot wasn't fun. "Ready?" He questioned, and at his passenger's reluctant head nods, Peter put the car in gear and swerved out of the garage as the doors opened courtesy of Friday.

"Holy- you drive like a maniac!" Screeched Wanda, scrambling to plug in her seat belt while simultaneously trying to cling onto the seat and judge how bad Peter's injury was. The car jolted and she quickly gave in, her knuckles turning white from her grip on the seat as she closed her eyes tight.

"Usually, I'm not this bad." Peter mused, grimacing, "Maybe it's the double vision-"

"Double vision?!" Harley squawked, "If we live through this, I am going to kill you- screw Hydra!"

-

Two figures emerged from the stairwell as the car disappeared from sight.

"Are you kidding me?" Natasha sighed, slumping against the wall as the adrenaline faded, nursing her left shoulder. "Why does it always feel like we're losing the kid?"

"Because we are." Clint scowled, lowering his whole body to the floor.

The answer left a bad taste in the assassin's mouth and something hollow in her chest. Natasha's eyes surveyed and counted the bodies on the floor and the tyre tracks left behind; they were the only signs that Peter and the others had passed through. A strange fear settled in the pit of her stomach as she envisioned always being a beat too late- like on the roof all those months ago, and she was left hanging over New York as Peter was snatched away. She shuddered at the memory.

Natasha didn't want to be left holding his body because she hadn't been there in time to catch him.

"Something must have pressed Hydra for time; the attack was sloppy, uncoordinated." she announced, breaking away from her thoughts. Clint groaned from the floor as she pressed on. "It was a risk."

"You thinking a boss?" He asked, "Who?" he peeked out from beneath the arm he had thrown over his eyes in a vain attempt to quell the building headache- he watched Natasha shrug and then wince at the movement as it jostled her shoulder. "So, Helen was just a pawn? There's some bigger baddie?"

"It's possible." She explained, "Maybe someone out there has big plans for Peter, and we just keep screwing things up. Think about it."

"I am thinking, but the pounding in my head is protesting." Natasha kicked Clint half-heartedly.

"Peter was missing for years, and no one ever found out about May Parker?" her tone was doubtful as she talked aloud. "The woman never tried to hide- she even said herself that she'd filed a missing person's case. Someone buried the information on her, hid it away."

Clint peeked out from under his arm once again.

"So, someone slipped Hill the information, she passes it to Fury, he passes it to you, and you pass it to Peter." Natasha nodded, eyes flicking to the archers.

"He checks it out, maybe even visits or moves in-"

"- he's no longer living with an avenger or at the tower. He's an easy target. What does it matter if a civilian is killed in the crossfire? It'll just be another accident and there's no other family to look into the incident, to even question anything."

Clint paled. "Holy shit."

"Something big is going on." Natasha mumbled, forehead creasing in thought.

"We have to find Peter. Whoever it is will follow him."

Worry crept into Natasha's voice, "Where will he even go?"

"Tony's already hacking into cameras." Clint said, taking comfort in that fact and relaxing back against the floor. "He'll find him." 

A/N

I love Clint and Natasha's scene, like they're both bruised and Nat still has the audacity to kick him as he's sprawled across the floor. I also love that Clint is actually fairly blunt when speaking because I like the idea of him not sugar coating things, especially with Natasha.

Also yes there will be a few chapters with just Peter, Harley and Wanda because I love them.

Anywho! Let me know of any spelling mistakes! xoxo.