Chapter 22: Trial 3- Tangled Swamp

I arrived at the Tangled Swamp and I noticed that it was completely baron of any animal life. There were corpses laying around all over the place but not a single living, breathing, animal. The plants here were extremely toxic and dangerous. I walked around for a bit until I found the beacon. Like the other two, it already had power but needed to be activated. I activated its beam and started out. Some of the plants that were here started moving.

                My suit started beeping, telling me that the satellite was ready for activation. Just before I gave the command to activate, a plant wrapped around my ankle and pulled me to the ground. As it was dragging me, I gave the command to activate the laser.

                -Suit, activate satellite!

                [Satellite activating, stand by.]

                I used my Talons to cut through the plant, which then retreated into where it was dragging me like it was hurt and in pain. I stood up and an energy field surrounded me. I started floating off the ground and a physical cockpit formed around me.

                [Satellite interface ready. Limited power available. Path to last beacon marked on your HUD]

                I started onward toward North Forest when I got hit from behind. I turned the interface ship around and saw a huge flytrap-like plant. It had its mouth open and was about to swallow me whole. I used the satellite laser to hit it multiple times with its automatic fire. I only needed to connect three times before it went back into the swamp. I then proceeded back to North forest.