Chapter 11: Scorpion Crevasse Part 1

-General, Scorpion Crevasse is gone!

                “What do you mean it’s gone, you’re standing right in the middle of it!”

                -There is nothing here now but sand. I have no clue what’s going on, but let me investigate.

                I started scanning around the sand and my scanner picked up some kind of temporal distortions.

                -Let me distort time, the entire crevasse might be slightly out of synch with our time.

                “Be careful, you don’t know what kind of power the creatures inside have.”

                I stood on what would be the edge of the crevasse and activated my TDD. As the wave emanated outward from where I was standing, the crevasse started appearing. I saw a path downward to my right so I started downward when I ran into three dead bodies. They looked like they died recently, but their clothing resembled ancient clothing worn by early humans. They used symbols to mark what rank they were and from the symbols I could tell that they were all three master sergeants. 

                -General, I think I’m in the past.

                [No answer]

                -General…?

                I could no longer get ahold of the Hentus. I continued along the path through the valley when I came upon a clearing. There was swamp water and round things in the water with long hooks or tails curving upward and then down again to the other side of the objects. As I was studying them, I heard a click.

                “Who are you?!”

                I turned around to see an ancient gun being pointed at me and a person who was wearing the same outfit I saw the other three wearing.

                -Easy, I’m a friend.

                “Not according to what I just saw you do to my men!”

                -I only just got here; I’m here to get to the temple on the other side of this ravine. I swear I had nothing to do with the death of your men, but I’m sure I can take care of whoever it was for you.

                He lowered his gun.

                -Besides, that ancient gun won’t do you any good against me anyway. My armor is designed to be impenetrable to physical projectile weapons.

                “Fine, but be careful. We came here to study those creatures down there.”