Chapter 1: The Journey to Siege

I exited the compound, activated a communications link with John and started heading towards the main compound. I requested a compass overlay on my HUD and the suit gave me one. I also requested a terrain overlay with radar that spanned 100 meters, and a damage count overlay.

                As I was running, John was keeping me busy testing me about the different soldier types Seige has.

                “There are many types of soldiers Seige has including but are not limited to Infantry, Heavy Infantry, Stealth Infantry, Elite Infantry, you will want to keep away from those, and Generals.”

                The terrain started getting rougher as the mountains came into my field of view.

                “Alright Chris slow down. You’re almost at the compound.”

                I slowed to a normal running speed and saw the tower in the middle of the mountain range. I noticed two heavy soldiers standing guard with four more infantrymen, two mounted turrets, and a particle shield blocking the door.

                “Your TDD can be used to bypass all those guards, and slow the particle field down so you can pass through it as well although it will be like passing through a solidified liquid that’s still somewhat liquidy…”

                -Ok so it will be hard to push through it in other words?

                “Yes, but don’t let that stop you. Anyway, to activate the TDD, just think of how slow you want time to progress.”

                I thought of time progressing at a near standstill and a bluish field of energy surrounded me. I noticed that everything outside of the field stopped and the field turned invisible.

                I approached the energy field and noticed that it didn’t look any different. I placed my hand on it and started pushing through it. As the rest of my body passed through it, I saw a rather large room with most of the ceiling missing from it. I also noted the pillar in the center of the room. As I looked up, I noticed multiple floors. I also saw a strange line looking thing on some of the walls. The suit warned me that the TDD would soon deactivate so I found a place to hide when it did.

                “Chris, are you inside yet?”

                -Yes, I’m in.

“Good, I have another download for you. This one will allow you to jump really high. Tap into your suits base sequence coding and access the jumping protocol. Then activate the program I’m about to send to you.”

                I activated the coding that John gave to me and noticed that my boots changed.

                “Now, when you jump you will be propelled twice your height.”

                I jumped up to the second floor and looked around. There were more guards here, but overall they had no idea I was even there. I started jumping levels until I reached the fifty-third floor where the HMD was. I started scanning around for it when I found it inside a room with multiple detection units inside it. I bypassed the first one easily but then I was faced with IR Gun turrets which could see me even in the dark.