Chapter 18: Back On Track

We ran into the Siege Tower where the troops were rallying. Jack assumed command again.

                “Okay, we know that this threat is the most powerful thing we have faced thus far and we only have about two weeks to prepare. I need shielding around this tower for one hundred feet outward and five miles upward. I need guns on every available window or opening. We need to fortify this base as though Chris were attacking it full force!”

                Everyone started hurrying as I was laughing. Jack and I went up to floor fifty where his office was.

                “I have an office in every compound, just in case. This office will now double as the war room. Do the Hentus have any technology we don’t have? Can they help us?”

                -Yes, we were planning on making the Hentu base the rally point for the war but it would seem as though we have two rally points now.

                “It would seem that way. Say, did you ever get the chance to reactivate the third and final satellite laser beacon?”

                -No, do you think we could use the satellite to destroy the army?

                “I do, I believe it could at the very least buy us some time.”

                -Where is it?

                “It’s in a place where we thought nobody would dare go, in South Forest.”

                -Why would you say nobody would go there?

                “It’s a forest that borderlines a different dimension. Like Torrential Temple, South Forest changes and warps reality around you, but more in a darker light, playing off your deepest fears. The other dimension itself is what does that and you have to travel to that dimension in order to get to where the beacon is.”

                -Why would you put a beacon in a place like that?

                “Two reasons, one; because nobody in their right mind would go there, and two; because the forest moves once every year to a new location and it takes whatever is inside with it.”

                -Sounds good strategically at least, if a little crazy in the logic department.

                “It’s the best we could come up with. We tried to put all the beacons in places that others may not be able to get to: one in Torrential Temple which shifts and warps around you, one in Marsha Jungle which holds some of the most vicious plant-forms we know of, and one in south forest which both screws up your head and moves every once in a while.”

                -So how do I get into South forest?

                “There is a clearing; I marked it on your map for you. Now get going, we don’t have time to waste.”

                I left and headed to South Forest, where my biggest fears would come alive.