Chapter 12: The Merge

I arrived in the briefing room where the General had grouped his captains again and was just about to start.

                “Now that we are all here, Kate has something she needs to tell you all, especially you Chris.”

                Kate stood up.

                “Jack Charger has requested that we form an alliance to combat the growing Teranor threat.”

                When she said that, everyone was shocked.

                -Why would the high and mighty leader of Siege want us as an ally? Certainly they have other means of defending themselves.

                “Ironic, I know, but the growing threat will surpass us all unless we band together right now and overcome it. Chris, he asked for you by name.”

                -…and how exactly did he know I was here?

                “He can track you via power signatures and the fact that you’re the fastest thing we know of on foot. He has agreed not to attack. He could have done so already anyway because he has known about this base for a couple days now. I think we should believe him, even if it’s just for a short time.”

                Just after she said that, I got a call from John.

                “Chris, are you reading me?”

                -John?! Where have you been?

                “In a Siege prison, until now. They let me out of my cell and told me about the Teranors and what kind of threat they present. I can’t say I believed them until they proved to me that they were telling the truth. I’m working with them for the time being. I had to tell them where to find you and I’m sorry but there is little time to debate over morality right now.”

                -I understand, send me the coordinates.

                I turned back to the table.

                -That was John Gerthen, my contact. He believes Jack and is working with them. I’m going to get over there as soon as I possibly can.

                I exited the base and headed to Siege’s Super compound. When I arrived at the entrance to the base, the door guards raised their weapons, but didn’t fire.

                “Chris, leave your weapons at the door!”

                -I can’t exactly take them off.

                A voice came onto the intercom.