Chapter 6: The Hentus

I approached a base at the coordinates. I was lying low to see if I could determine if it was a Seige base or not. It didn’t look like any Seige base I’ve ever seen before so I decided to walk up to the main gate and knock on it.

                The gate opened up to a group of people holding dangerous looking guns to my face.

                “We have been expecting you, Chris.”

                -How do you know me?

                “Kate told me that Seige had captured a particularly interesting person and that she thought he would be of use to our cause.”

                -Right, so are you going to let me in or do I have to enter by force?

                They lowered their guns and let me in. I don’t know if they did it out of fear or just because I was welcome but at the same time, it’s a privilege to have the Hentu’s as an ally.

                We walked into the main complex and into a room with a largish table in the middle of it.

                “This is the conference room. You need to learn about us and our history. I assume you know who we are?”

                Yes, but I have no clue how you still exist. Kate told me that you have been in hiding? But even still, you haven’t shown yourselves in centuries. How is that possible?

                “We have indeed been in hiding for two centuries thanks to a technology that until now only we knew about. It’s a cloaking field.”

                -So you had it off in order for me to find you?

                “No, it’s still on even as we speak. You just saw us because you were expecting us to be here.”

                We talked a little bit more until Kate walked in.

                “Have you been properly briefed?”

                -Yes I have.

                “Good, then we need to get down to the business at hand; we need to build your suit up to surpass the potential of Seige. There are a number of upgrades which you need. We have tracked down four of them.”

                -How many are there in total?

                “There are at least ten. Some of which you may not need but it would be helpful to have them. We will focus on three for now.”

                -Okay, where are they located?

                “One is in the Mountains near here; you’ll get that one last. The other three are scattered around an area known as Torrential Temple.”

                -Why am I getting the one closest to here last?

                “Because that’s the one out of the three that you need least, now the Torrential Temple is a vast region that’s controlled by an unknown force. Nobody goes there anymore so you can expect no enemies. However, the reason that nobody ever goes there anymore is because it has ‘special properties’.”

                -What kind of special properties?

                “The area has an uncanny ability to play with your mind, making things seem out of reality. Also, it can manipulate the area around itself so it will make it harder to maneuver but we have full confidence in your abilities.”

                -Where is this place?

                “It is located in the southeastern portion of the immediate area. You will pass an area known as Scorpion Crevasse; do NOT enter this area unless your life is in grave danger, I cannot stress this enough.”

                -Why, what’s there?

                “Very dangerous creatures that would tear you apart in your current state.”

                -Great, okay I’ll head over to this temple.

                I left the base and immediately started toward the temple.