"What are you going to do with me here? Am I going to die?" Aerilyn found herself thinking but the words had fallen out her mouth.

Solenne sighed. What was the girl doing here, what did she bring her here for, it was a risk, basically putting a sign on Aerilyn's head to say that she was the Queen's weakness, she had to be since the Queen had never indulged in slaves or blood bags before. She didn't know how to respond to this question.

"I cannot answer that right now" her face becoming cold, Aerilyn gulped and nodded her head again.

The Queen had calmed down a lot since the start of breakfast which was noticeable, she seemed more relaxed.

"I hear you have been reading?" Solenne didn't know what she was doing but she was so intrigued by the girl she wanted to know more.

"Yes your majesty" Aerilyn replied. The Queen took a sip of her drink but very subtly grimaced at it, why wouldn't she enjoy blood?

Solenne's lips turned upwards and she raised an eye brow, Aerilyn ran her hands through her hair out of nervousness.

"I hope you are enjoying the library. Do you have any other hobbies?" Curiosity killed the cat so they said, but she was a vampire, she couldn't technically die.

"Yes I am thank you, I use to enjoy horse riding and um gardening. Do you have any?" Aerilyn didn't know whether she should still be looking at her in her eyes so she moved them away, but subconsciously she kept looking at her lips, dragging her gaze down to what she was wearing.

Her wavy hair was cascading down past her shoulders, her skin was pale but ever so inviting, damn vampires.

The Queen thought long and hard as to whether she had any hobbies, but life never really allowed for it, she felt embarrassed that she could not think of anything, Aerilyn some how noticed this.

"There must be something you are really good at or enjoy?" Aerilyn spoke again.

"My life does not allow for such things, but I enjoy training with my soldiers" this was such an answer that was expected, it was sad but the truth.

The Queen had horses here that could be ridden and she wanted to offer them all to Aerilyn but there was something or someone holding her back from doing so and it would not be pretty once she found out why.

Aerilyn frowned at her answer nevertheless, it was upsetting that she had not found joy in anything, even though she didn't deserve her compassion.

"My answer bothers you" the Queen spoke in realisation, her intuition was strong.

Aerilyn met her eyes once again, not believing that she had read her thoughts some how.

"Can you read minds?" Aerilyn laughed, the Queen smiled at her question and shook her head.

"No, but I have a strong intuition, why does it bother you?" She tilted her head curiously.

"Because I think it is sad that this life is all you have ever known, there is so much more to experience and feel. Everything you do is probably calculated and thought out, there is no room for spontaneity or to feel real feelings rather than being shut off" the Queen thought about this for a minute, she wanted to brush it off as wrong, but there was truth to it.

"What if I can't feel?" She whispered to herself.

Aerilyn's ears pricked up at this.

"We cannot change what we were born into" Solenne carried on.

"No we cannot, but I refuse to be wrapped up in something that is not real" Aerilyn defiantly spoke, aiming this answer at her belief that royalty and this society was fake and only existed because others believed in it.

This conversation was too much too soon for both of them, the Queen sensed Aerilyn's sadness at her entrapment here, she sensed her anger but she also sensed her curiosity in the Queen, there was no denying the many questions the girl had wanted to ask but couldn't.

A guard knocked on the door.

"Enter" the Queen commanded.

The guard bowed low and entered the room. "Your majesty, you are needed in your office" he bowed again and waited for her response.

"I will be there shortly" she dismissed him out the room.

Her eyes returned to Aerilyn right away, she looked her up and down, her gaze lingering on her chest, the bare skin she could see. It was wrong to look at a human this way, they were merely blood bags and so she pushed the thought out of her head.

"You are free to return to your room, or go to the library, as long as you have a guard with you, Nilsa will be back after lunch" the Queen got out of her seat and walked out of the room without saying another word.

Aerilyn looked back over to where the Queen had been sat, the glass was still mostly full, she hadn't drank it. This was very strange, why have it brought to you but not drink it, either that or her self control was amazing meaning she did not crave it.

The girl also walked out of the door not long after and was escorted by a guard back to her room, she had plenty of books in her room to keep her occupied.

Sitting on her bed, she let the time pass by.