Chapter 14

Chapter 14. A Rescue

(May's Point Of View)

Just like June's body, Anna's disappeared the next morning. The guards had temporarily evacuated us from the block to disinfect it.
Eden hadn't eaten since yesterday. I'm worried that his body will soon be too weak to handle this new drug. I remember the first wave of agony that I got when I woke up after my first dose LR.X.
Currently, I sat against a beige wall, my leg still chained. These few days were different, the LR.X kept healing every cut, and bruise the chain inflicted. The heat from the wounds closing together causing great discomfort.
The double doors to the room opened, revealing a tall man wearing a white lab coat, and surgical mask. I cringed at his sight, yet I felt no hate towards him. His eyes were the same brown as mine, the familiarity of his face giving me chills. The man looked at me, his expression storming with guilt, and love. Somehow, the man read my confusion. He swiftly marched towards me, and crouched down so we were face to face.

"May, it's me. It's your dad."

My chest strained, as I lost the ability to breath. My brain being smothered by fear, confusion, abandonment. He was alive, all this time I thought he left me. The sorrow of his death leaving me. He was here now, in front of me. His soft yet fierce eyes pressing down on my soul.

"Dad?" I asked, hoping this wasn't another illusion.
His hand tapped my shoulder.
"Yes May it's me, and I'm going to get you out of here. I need you to faint, okay?"
It took me while to realize what he had said.
"What about the others?" I asked, even though I knew I wasn't going to like the answer. My father shook his head as a response.
"I can only save one"
I stretched out my unchained leg from under me, trying to decide who's fate I should change.
"Eden, save Eden. He's number 114" I state. My dad frowned, and scanned the room with his eyes.
"I came here only to save you, May" he said. I couldn't help but feel angry at him for that, did he not feel the least bit responsible for all these people. They don't deserve this.
"I refuse to go with you , you have to save Eden" I said as I start to stand up.
"Fine" was his only reply to me, his voice like a thick venom. He walked over to Eden, whispering something into his ear. I stared intently, wondering what he was telling Eden.
Suddenly, Eden fell to the ground, creating a loud thud. I eyes narrowed, an all too nostalgic feeling cloudIng my mind. My dad looked at me, and gave me a reassuring look, then took Eden's pulse.
"This ones dead!" He screamed, alerting the other staff members. He then, proceeded to hoist Eden's body on a stretcher, and covering him with a white blanked. Some of the subjects sat there in shock, hoping that wouldn't happen to them. It was David I was truly worried about.
"David" I called. He turned to look at me. I motioned him to sit next to me, I couldn't really move at the moment. David took a seat next to me, as I took a large break in, ready to give him the good news.
"Eden's not dead."
I let my breath go, a few beads of sweat sticking to my forehead, waiting for David's response.
"How can you joke at a time like this"
"I'm not joking, I swear" I told him "that man, he claimed to be my father, I think he going to free Eden."
David's dilated eyes searched me like a police dog desperate for the truth. Slowly he turned to me, still unsure of what to believe.
Finally, some of the sadness in his eyes was replaced with hope.
"Thank you" said David, lightly putting his hand on top on mine.

2000 views!!!
Thanks guys!!
Vote, comment, and follow!