Chapter 13

Chapter 13.

(Keith's Point Of View)

It's the year 2135, March 15th. War between Norland and Dorcast still raging on. Recently, the Norlanders have been using a poisonous gas that seemed to get past the Dorcast gas-masks. At the Dorcast research labs, they are currently trying to find a safe method of immunization to this toxic gas. When the researchers were close to completion, the Norland soldiers were fighting with many unknown weapons.
Again, our Dorcast researchers are trying to find a way to help our soldiers heal faster.
So, please donate to the Dorcast Research Labs, (DRL).

I grimaced at the T.V. Broadcast. Around ten children died each month at that lab. My head throbbed, I worked here, I helped them do this. Chris, who was laying on the couch scanned my eyes. I tried to hide my emotions, but somehow he could read my thoughts.

"We have no time to feel guilty" he stated in an empathetic voice.

I gave him a quick nod, and got up from my chair.
"There's only an hour left till they do routine block check-ups" I inform Chris.

"Then we better get going" he responds, letting out a big breath.

Chris hid in the trunk of my car during our drive to DRL. The guards at the front gate recognize my car and start opening it. I drive through it quickly, my mind racing with anticipation. I march to my office, greeting any staff member on my way.

(May's Point Of View)

Anna twitched as her body stiffened. Her eyes plastered to the ceiling. I starred at her not knowing what was happening. None of us knew what to do. An inhuman moan left her lips, her mouth overflowing with saliva. Eden's eyes almost popped out of his skull, his gaze never leaving Anna as he stepped closer to her shuddering figure.

I felt the nausea like a slap in the face. Anna's body was limp, a small pool of foam next to her mouth. Eden slowly got to his hands and knees, cautiously crawling over to her. When he reached her, he lightly brushed her hair away from her eyes, which were frozen in agony.
Eden whispered something into Anna's ear, then gently kissed her lips as if to say goodbye. My expression softened. I was about to go to Eden, but David beat me to it. David slid his hand under Eden's armpit helping him up to his feet. As they both stumbled past me I couldn't help but ask.
"What did you whisper to her" I asked Eden.
His red, empty eyes peered into mine as he answered my question; "I told her I love her"
I bit down on the inside of my bottom lip.
"She loved you too, I could tell" was all I could say to console him. He only nodded, and let David lead him to his mattress.
Once again, this place had taken away someone I cared for. No, this time it was my fault. I could have gotten her out if I tried hard enough, I know I could have, but I didn't.
I'm done crying.
I'm done being helpless.
I will save Eden, and David. It's what Anna would have wanted.

Authors Note.
1400 reads! Thanks guys!
It's a really amazing feeling being an author and knowing people like your work!
*cries tears of joy* ;-;
:) -Cece
Oh and happy Friday the 13th!!