Chapter 9

Chapter 9. Restart

(Anna's Point Of View)

The blaring alarm found its way to my ears. I forced my eyes open, I realized I had fallen asleep on May. I felt a cascade of unease as I asked "Do you think Chris will be okay?"
"I think we should be more worried about ourselves right now" she sighed.
Suddenly, May's timid face, twisted into a pained one. I put my hand on hers.
"We are going to be fine, you showed me that. Someday maybe, we'll all escape" I reassured her, forcing a smile.
"Maybe" I hear her mumble "someday"
I push my body up, leaning my body on the wall. Something didn't feel right. The door, suddenly, was unlocked. I fell back down to my knees, the guards aren't supposed to take us for another six days. I turned to see May's reaction, her eyes only shadowed rage. May started to stand up, her feet were raw from the chains. My eyes, for a second, showed some hope. None of the guards were coming inside, like they were just doing some kind of headcount.
They soon locked the door again, and all was quiet, too quiet for comfort.

Wooosh

I heard an all too familiar sound, the sound of gas being released. The sound itself causing me pain. I started screaming, causing panic to break out in the block. I couldn't stop, my eyes overflowed with salty tears. I hands dug into my hair as I fell to the floor in a fetal position.
I knew my screaming and crying was just causing me to breath in more of this gas. Soon I felt my nerves being forced to calm. My eyelids felt like rocks, and my mind started to go blank. A soothing feeling took over, as I fell asleep.

~Hours Later~

My consciousness was back, yet I couldn't open my eyes. My entire body was being restrained. I felt the sharp pain of a needle sliding into my skin, then later being pulled out. I could hear strange voices, barely being able to make them out.

"Is she awake?" I timid female voice asked. I instantly felt blinded, as a bright white light was being shined into my eyes.

"Yes, subject 109 seems to be conscious" replied a stern female voice.

I felt something my stomach twist into knots. I my whole body was cramping, shooting unbelievable pain throughout me. I yelled, and cried, but nobody did anything.

"Is she alright?" asked the timid lady.

She'll be fine, normal reaction for such a high dosage of LR.X"

After a while all I could do was groan. I was strapped down to a plain bed, making it impossible to move. I had no idea what was happening, I had no way of knowing if I was going to live or die. This realization made my already sore muscles to go stiff. My head was pounding adding more pain to my stress, and I found myself thinking of May. What would she do, what could she do? We had no weapons. What could we do?