Chapter 10

Chapter 10. A discovery.

(Keith's Point Of View)

"This is insane! You can't just change the drug so suddenly. They're body will not cope!" I yelled.
"Dr. Dawson, this needs to be done. If the drug succeeds, we are looking at millions of dollars here! And the military needs this to work. Without LR.X we might lose this war" Stephen yelled back.

I couldn't stand the sight of that man right now. I marched out of the lab, slamming the metal door behind me. I quickly rushed to the washrooms when I realized I was crying.
"May" I whispered, how could I let this happen to my own daughter.
I punched the mirror, hating my own reflection. The impact causing the glass to shatter around me.
Crimson blood flowed from my knuckles. I stared at my hand, the blood reminding me of the day I betrayed my family. I slipped out of the washroom, hoping no one will notice me.
I needed a change of scenery, so I decided to drive to town. Bolting through the main doors as soon as I unlocked them.

I was getting bored of the dirt road, and step out the car, wanting to get a closer look in the woods. Curiosity was like a curse to me.
Suddenly I heard a eerie groan. I started walking towards the intriguing sound. I heard a few dry branches crack.
"H-Help" I heard a boy whisper.
"Where are you?" I asked in a concerned voice.
"Behind the bushes" he answered.
I stepped past the bushes and saw a pale hand reach out to me.
"Subject 202?" My voice hardened.
The boys hand quickly fell back down, his expression was full of anger. A realization hit me, he was part of the O+ Block.
"Do you know May, I mean subject 108?" I asked.
"Yes" he said, he had clearly noticed the concern in my voice. "I'll tell you all I know if you help me"
"Fine" I replied. I picked the boy up and put him in my car. I knew I was taking a huge risk, if anyone saw me right now, I would loose my job, and my life.
"Where are you taking me" the boy asked, his eyes were like mine, full of curiosity.
"I'm taking you to my house" I told him. "What's your name?" I ask.
"Chris"

~An Hour Later~

(Chris' Point Of View)

I had collapsed from exhaustion a few days ago. I couldn't move, even though I was starving.
Currently, I'm at Keith's house, apparently he's May's father. Some dad he was.
I sighed, Keith had given me food, water, and clean clothes, yet I hated him for hurting May.
This could be good though. He works at the labs, couldn't he save May?
"Why didn't you try to help her?" I asked Keith.
"If I tried to help her, I'd be pointlessly risking my own life" he stated. I clenched my fists, my fingernails digging into my skin.
"May almost died, and Luke died trying to save her!" I knew yelling at him could cost me my life, but I didn't care. May was his flesh and blood, his only daughter, and he betrayed her.
After a minute of horrid silence he finally said the words he needed to say.
"I'll help" he said lightly frowning, "what's the plan?"

Authors Note
900 views!! Thank you to the people reading my book! I'm trying to reach 1000!
Read, vote, comment, and follow! :3