Have you done any scans? Mira asked settling down on the sleeping bag she had brought with her.

Scans don't show anything, SAM replied. There are traces of usage from this area but nothing is definite.

Tell me when you've found something, Mira replied hoping to get some shut-eye.

Then I should mention that a drell in entering the 'secret' space, SAM replied going silent.

A drell? Mira thought. Don't think I've seen one...then again if I had I'll be dead. Was this drell sent for me?

"Didn't know anyone else knew about this place," a voice in the darkness.

"Didn't know it belonged to you," Mira replied as calmly as she could.

"It doesn't," the drell replied. "I just come here to make sure I wasn't followed."

"I hope you weren't planning on stay here for long," the drell continued. "This place is known as a hiding spot. If you're trying to hide, this isn't a good place."

"Don't really have anywhere else to go," Mira replied.

"I may know of a place," the drell said. "That is if you trust me enough to follow me."

"Were you sent to kill me?" Mira asked wanting to know if she needed to watch her back or kill the drell herself.

"I don't know you," he replied. "If I was paid to kill you, you would've already been dead."

"Fair enough," Mira replied standing up and making a grab for her bag.

"You should leave that here," the drell said. "I need your help with a job."

"What kind of job?" Mira asked not sure where this was leading.

"I was hired to track a turian politician by the name of Joram Talid," he answered. "No killing just tracking."

"Sure, I can help."

"Call me Thane," Thane said as the pair of them headed out the hidden space. "Talid was last seen talking to some supports not far from here."

"I'm-" Mira began.

"I know who you are," Thane replied. "I know of the names you go by. Shall we go?"

Mira wasn't sure what to say but decided not to say anything to that response. If he knew who she was, he would have killed her long before she or SAM had noticed him. She had to trust that he had no ill intent toward her.

Mira followed him through the dark upper walkways. There were times where Mira wasn't sure if she was still following him since he was so silent. With SAM's help, Mira was able to keep tabs on him so she wouldn't lose him.

"What is so important about this Talid?" Mira asked as she scanned the crowd for this turian.

He was fairly easy to spot since there was a krogan bodyguard standing close to him.

"He's running for office," Thane explained. "His platform is based on anti-human sentiments."

"Still doesn't explain why you were hired to tail him," Mira commented.

"Reports indicate that his methods aren't legal," Thane replied. "I'm here to determine if they are."

Doesn't explain why we're here, SAM commented. He doesn't need us for this.

"From what I've seen," Mira began as they continued their monitoring of Talid. "He's not actually doing the shakedowns. Talid's bodyguard goes inside and speaks to the owners of the shops. Talid waits outside the whole time. He knows not to been seen."

"His bodyguard is only following orders," Mira continued. "I don't think the krogan would do this without some directions."

Thane and Mira continued to monitor Talid and his bodyguard for any unusual behavior but all they saw was the bodyguard going into the shops and speaking to the owners. They followed them for another hour.

"Let's head back," Thane said out of the blue. "This is all we need."

Mira followed Thane back to the hiding space where she had left her things.

"I got us a place to stay," Thane said as they arrived at the hiding place. "Somewhere that most won't think about looking."

Mira looked at the location that Thane showed her on his omni-tool and stared.

"How?" She asked shocked. "That's where all the important people on the Citadel stay. I couldn't even get a place there even if I tried."

"I know a few people," Thane replied as he led the way to their temporary place. "Maybe when this is all over, I can introduce you to them."

"Thanks," Mira replied not sure how she felt about that but she hoped that this would be over soon.