[10]

kiara's pov:
"yeah, my boy jayden called me over to catch up so.. i'mma go over there." billie told me before rushing out the door. okay.

bitch has been weird since earlier today when she fingered me.. like girl? you wanted it, you got it. being weird as hell...

billie's pov:
"yo, bil!" i heard someone yell as i walked to see who it was.

"jayden!" i exclaimed. "what's up, bro?"

"nah, what's up with you? it's been.. a minute, man." he chuckled as we made the unspoken decision to walk to his house.

"i mean, i went to prison- prison is prison.. now i'm living with ki in her apartment. you remember kiara, don't you?"

"the short brownskin? she's bad as fuck. how is she?" jayden asked and i just laughed quietly.

"yeah, her. she's.. she's good, i guess. i don't really know, we don't talk like that. we're not together or anything but we makeout like teenagers sometimes." i chuckled, remembering a couple hours ago when i was knuckle deep in that pus-

"y'all still like each other? after all that time? damn." jayden said and i just shrugged.

"she's sexy." i added. i could have said how pretty she is, how precious, how much i love her, but i don't wanna sound soft. i'm not soft.

"true that. let's smoke." he suggested, hopping up on a random person's garden wall and pulling out a pre roll, sparking it up and handing it to me. "first drag goes to the jailbird."

"fuck off." i shook my head with a smile before taking a drag and nearly coughing my lungs up. "sorry.. it's been a while." i chuckled before taking another drag, holding it without coughing this time.

i took a couple of more drags before handing it back to jayden, feeling my high take me over.

the front door of the house that this wall belongs to swung open. "get off my wall before i call the police!" an old lady yelled at us.

i held up my hands in defense, laughing a little as i hopped off the wall. everything is so funny when you're high. jayden hopped off the wall too and we walked towards his house.

***

i was sitting on jayden's couch, laying back while absolutely devouring a bag of takis.

"how's finneas, bro? i haven't talked to him in so long.. hows he dealing with the whole fame thing?" jayden asked and i furrowed my eyebrows.

"i haven't- fame?" i asked, dumbfounded.

"you didn't know? he's big, bro. touring and everything. his song called "claudia" is on the radio, i hear it all the time." jordan explained and i nodded slowly.

he got what he- we wanted. both of our wishes when we were younger were to be famous singers.

"i had no idea." i mumbled, lost in my own thoughts.

his songs are about the girl who was at dad's house the other day? damn.

that sounds so weird. dad's house. not home, not my parents house, dad's house. i forget that my mom died sometimes.

"i'm gonna.. go." i mumbled quietly, sitting up.

"you're not gonna let me hit?" jayden asked and i raised an eyebrow.

"is that even a question? no, dude." i chuckled, putting my shoes that i had kicked off, back on.

i then stood up, patting my pockets to make sure i had everything. i didn't even bring anything. "uh.. bye."

i walked straight out his door and began to stroll through his neighborhood and towards kiara's. i walked slowly, i was in no rush, simply thinking. i like to think while i walk. i was glad to even be able to go for a walk that wasn't in a prison courtyard full of criminals. 

sure, this neighborhood is sketchy but it's nowhere near as dangerous as prison. people in prison would kill someone and feel little to no remorse, me being one of those people. i very rarely feel sympathy.

the only person i've ever felt sympathy for is kiara. sure, i loved my mom, but i had no sympathy for her. i wasn't really that bothered by her death. like, yeah it's sad, but.. it is what it is.

we were on bad terms when she died. we hadn't talked since... that happened. i understand why my family would be mad at me, i guess. i mean.. i understand why my mom was mad, that's it. her last ever memory of me was the reason i went to prison.

kiara.. well, kiara is just as crazy as me, although she won't admit it. she's scared of nobody. hell, she could get herself killed and she would be in hell talking bout how she's no pussy and she wasn't gonna run away from the killer.

i think that's why i love her. she's fearless. she wouldn't break up with me over my outbursts when i get mad, if anything she wants me to take my anger out on her. crazy bitch.

i snapped out of my thoughts when i got to kiara's apartment. i had the spare key, so i just unlocked the door and walked in. kiara was probably at work or something.

my high wore off and i felt tired and i was missing kiara so i decided to nap. i walked into her room and got in her bed, but not before getting changed, of course, kiara would kill me if i wore "outside clothes" in her bed.

i closed my eyes, snuggling my face into the sheets that smelled like kiara before drifting off.