16

"I don't know what to ask" I said nervously. I don't know why I started to get anxious. I never got so worked up about a ex girlfriend before, but the way Scott was talking about her made my stomach hurt. She obviously meant a lot to him.

Chris just nodded his head and continued watching tv. He obviously didn't want to talk about it either.

After about an hour of us watching tv, well really just Chris. My eyes were glued to the tv but my thoughts were still in the conversation Scott and I were having in the pool earlier. I was ready for bed. I was drained.

"I'm gonna go home, I'm super tired" I said looking up at Chris who gave me the worlds worst pouty face.

"Come on, stay with me tonight" He said pulling me closer.

"Tom and I have stuff to do tomorrow for our movie" I said back to him, it wasn't a complete lie. Tom and I did have stuff to do, but it was just a quick signature and that was it. And to go over our contract, nothing I couldn't stay here for but right now I just need my bed.

We said our goodbyes and I drove home. A part of me wants to be mad at Chris for not telling me about Olivia but he did give me a chance to ask him and I didn't. Why didn't I just ask him? Ugh.

As soon as I got home I texted Chris that I made it home and told him I was going to bed, again another lie. Why am I lying to Chris? Why am I feeling so bummed out about this?

I quickly dialed the only person who I knew would put me at ease and maybe answer a few of my questions.

On the second ring he picked up the phone.

"Y/n? Is everything alright?"

"I can't just call you for fun?"

"Good one. Of course you can. I love you already"

"I love you too Scotty. I do have a few questions though.."

"I knew you needed something"

We both laughed into the phone for awhile.

"Um.. can I ask you about Olivia"

"Of course, has Chris brought it up?"

"Yea and he said I could ask the questions I wanted to but I froze up. I don't know. I don't know what the ask, and I know you can tell me what I want to know... if you don't want to that's fine"

"It's fine. Let's keep this conversation between us though. The last thing I need is Chris mad at me for telling you this stuff"

"I was thinking the same thing, so I don't know where to start"

"Let me just lay it all out. I like you a lot and you make Chris so happy, the happiest I've ever seen him so I don't want you to take this to heart. I want you to stick around. The whole family already loves you so much"

"You seem like you are deflecting"

"But thank you, I love your whole family as well and Chris makes me so happy as well"

"Olivia and Chris have always been tied together somehow. Whether it's a movie or his friends always bring her around or whatever. Their relationship was toxic. He loves her with everything he has and she took advantage of that, she took advantage of how deeply in love with her he is. She would go out, cheat on him, and come home like nothing happened. But for whatever reason Chris wouldn't leave her, he would always say that we didn't see what he saw in her, her beauty, her humor, her laugh, her everything. I couldn't tell you the last time he saw her, she's been away shooting a movie. But I can already tell that she's going to be pissed when she gets back and sees that she doesn't have Chris wrapped around her finger anymore"