𝐱𝐥𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐬

"𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐔𝐋𝐋 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐍 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐍. As I lay sleeping, she came to me." Caleb said, his memories flashing through his head, Taylor Fier frowned at his words, a little angry and disgusted by them. "She witched me and led me to the woods. She was naked..." Gasps were heard through the crowd, as Taylor looked more disgusted by Caleb's words. "...and riding a red mule. The red mule became a horned man." No, that was you. Taylor thought as she groaned internally, she couldn't believe how he disrespected her future sister-in-law. "And she made me watch as she lay with the Devil. As the four of them lay with the Devil." At that testament, the four of them shared a look. "Hannah Miller and Sarah Fier! And Amelia Wright and Taylor Fier, our supposed hero!"

Anne Fier stood up as well as Grace Miller and Amelia's father, the three of them with widened eyes as everyone just accused the four of them of being witches. Anne's breath turned unsteady as she heard all the accusations towards her daughters.

"I saw Hannah Miller and Sarah Fier."

"I saw Amelia Wright and Taylor Fier."

"I saw Hannah Miller."

"I saw Amelia Wright."

"I saw Sarah Fier."

"I saw Taylor Fier."

The four of them shared a look, failing to see how Caleb turned his head towards their shadows, recognizing them, they ducked down when they saw him looking, but he had already seen them. "Witches! The witches!" Caleb yelled pointing outside, so everyone quickly went outside, Anne was not far behind to stop the men from taking another one of her daughters away.

Amelia Wright helped Taylor to get to her feet as well as Sarah Fier helped Hannah Miller to get to her feet, the four of them immediately ran away from the church as everyone searched for them.

"We need to get away from here!"

"And go where?"

They caught up to them, and to their bad luck, Amelia tripped making Hannah trip with her as the Fier sisters watched them in horror. "Go! Go!" They both yelled at them, so they quickly went over the fence, running away, not before giving a few glances to Hannah and Amelia.

Anne grabbed both Amelia and Hannah, making them stand up as she hid them behind. "Dear Anne, give them to us!" Elijah Goode tried to reason with Anne, but the blonde just grabbed the rock, threatening the men with it.

"Get away! Neither of you filthy whores will check this young woman! I will!" Anne yelled, the men gasping at such strong words coming out of a woman like Anne Fier.

Amused, they let her check them, so uncomfortably, Anne undid their corsets, trying to find a Devil mark, she sighed relieved as she saw that both of them had clear skin, but that didn't stop the men, they still grabbed Amelia and Hannah with their corsets loosen up as they dragged them away, Anne wanted to stay with them, but they threatened her.

Anne saw how they took an almost unconscious Hannah and Amelia far away from her, tears forming in her eyes as she got worried about her twins.

"As sure as the sun rises, we will purge Union of this... wretched pollution!" Elijah yelled, pushing the Wright and Miller to the ground, Anne ignored Grace's presence as she couldn't believe that she could just leave the men to do this to her daughter. "We will search every house, every inch of wood! We will not rest, and we will not have mercy!" Emmeline Fier, Abigail Berman, Lizzie Schmidt, and Isaac Kalivoda looked lost and worried by their friends and sisters. "So, help me, God, we will be cleansed of these anathemas! We will have our justice! We will find Sarah and Taylor Fier!"

Everyone scattered after that, as men took Hannah away, Abbi taking Emma's hand, dragging her away with Lizzie and Isaac to her house. "We have to find my sisters!" Emma yelled as she entered the house, sitting in a chair, Abigail quickly sitting next to her.

"We can't, we will be accused too..." Isaac said, not wanting to do that, but he didn't want anyone else to be like Hannah and Amelia.

"We have to!" Emma yelled, but she stopped yelling when the door banged open, Caleb and Elijah entered the house with torches in their hands. "What are you doing here, you filth?!"

"Shut up, you whore!" Elijah shut her up as Caleb looked inside the house, Elijah's attention went towards Emma's corset, almost immediately breaking it open.

"What the — !" Emma yelled in fear as Elijah looked for a mark, almost taking her corset off, Emma quickly covered her breasts, stopping the corset until the part of her corset. Elijah did the same to Abigail and Lizzie, even if the black-haired one was already checked.

"What are you doing here, Elijah?" Anne asked as she had a bucket of water in her hands, but the bucket went to the floor as she saw how Caleb went out of Florence's room and Emma and her friends with their corsets almost off.

"Your house is clear —" Caleb said but got interrupted when a small rock landed on his forehead. "What the — !"

"Get out! Now! You filthy whores are just destroying my family! Get out!" Anne said, now throwing rocks at them, for then to shoo them off with a close broom, almost hitting Caleb with it. "And don't come near my house, you disgusting pigs!" Anne yelled, for then, to grab the bucket and slam the door shut.

Taylor and Sarah saw that happen, smirking at her mother's braveness, they were panting, trying to catch their breath and at the same time to not be seen. They saw how Anne tightened the corset of the girls, for then to give them water she found deep in the woods, Emma smiled at her mother as the others thanked her for her kindness.

Their attention went towards the men that were walking back to the house, they shared a look, before they hid behind a wall, both of them holding a grip on the knife that Solomon gave to them. They ran away from their own home, but a twig snapped, catching the attention of the men but when they looked, they saw nothing.

The Fier sisters ran behind another house, trying to find Hannah and Amelia, they quickly went behind the well, trying to find where this filth had hidden the Wright and Miller.

"Don't take your round back to the Fier house, Anne will take your musket," Caleb warned the watchman, who just nodded. "But keep an eye out for those witches." When they saw that no one was paying attention, they ran towards a house, hiding behind the wall as they tried to catch their breath.

Their attention went to the Meeting House, which was watched by a man. They thought that Hannah and Amelia were there, but they needed the man to leave for them to get inside. They easily went through the long grass, covering themselves from being seen as Sarah threw a rock, catching the watchman's attention as he went towards it, allowing Sarah and Taylor to get inside.