𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐮𝐬

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐁𝐁𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐒, 𝐏𝐔𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐄, 𝐓𝐑𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐒 𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌. They entered their house, Sarah Fier looking lost as Taylor FIer was worried, they saw their mother, crying, who just smiled at them.

"Is it true? What Mad Thomas has been talking?" Anne Fier asked, knotting her eyebrows.

"No." They both lied, Anne chuckled, earning a confused look from the sisters.

"Is okay if it's true. There's nothing to be ashamed of, I'm sorry for putting this wickedness to you." Anne said, choking on a sob, the twins shared a look, before looking at their mother in concern. "I too fell in love with someone I shouldn't, I thought she loved me, but I was wrong, someone like Grace Miller could never love someone like me," Anne said, surprising the twins, for then to slowly walk to her room.

Anne felt guilty. She just fell in love with Grace Miller, she didn't mean to put this wickedness to their daughters. She thought it was her fault, which it wasn't.

They heard a door close, Sarah and Taylor shared a look again, Sarah's eyes starting to form with tears, as they walked through the table, trying to sit down Sarah. Taylor told Sarah she was going to go to the flour, so Sarah just nodded as she watched her sister leave, for then to make a disgusted grimace as she saw the rotten food.

"Taylor!" She called for her sister, who after a few seconds came with a smile, but her eyes widened as she saw the rotten food, both of them looked at the flour, Taylor opened it, dropping flour into the table, but both of them gasped as the flour had worms, Sarah standing up because of it.

"Sarah! Taylor!" They both shot their heads toward the sound, hearing the panic in Emmeline Fier's voice. They both quickly went towards Emma, seeing her looking at the pigs' house with terror in her eyes.

"What is it, Emma? What's wrong?" Sarah asked in concern as both of them went by Emma's side. Their attention went to the pig grunting, their eyes widened as they saw the blood.

"The babies are gone. She ate them. She ate them all." Emma explained tears in her eyes.

"Emma, why don't you go with Abigail to find Florence, okay?" Taylor suggested with widened eyes, Emmeline looked at her with watery eyes for them to nod as she cleaned the tears with the back of her palm.

"Bring me the ax, Taylor," Sarah ordered, as she felt how Emma left to find Abigail Berman for then to find Florence Fier, Taylor looked at her in surprise, earning a glare from her twin. "The ax!" She ordered again, Taylor nodded slowly as she went towards the ax, taking it out of the wood for them to give it to Sarah.

Taylor gasped as she saw Sarah swing her ax, falling perfectly into the pig's half, cutting it. Sarah looked at her in concern, for then Taylor saw to her eyes that she needed air, so Sarah accompanied her. They were walking through the settlement, both of them letting out a sigh, for then their attention towards Isaac Kalivoda, who was eating an apple, for then spit the apple from his mouth, seeing the rotten apple.

"The dark one has come to harvest the bitter fruit of the evil we have sown. To feast on our misdeeds." A horse was whinnying, almost hitting the men who tried to calm the horse down. "And yet you all smile, blind to the horrors around us. But you see it now, don't you?" The well was blocked, something was caught in the bucket, and men were trying to get in unblocked as a woman was standing there as an old gossiper. "He blocks our well, clogs it with our sin. He takes our water. He takes our lifeblood!"

"What's happened? What's going on here?" Sarah asked Abigail, who had her hands linked with Emma, who still looked like recovering from the site of earlier.

"The bucket's caught on something," Abigail answered.

The men finally unblocked the well, catching Mad Thomas' attention. A dead dog was pulled, making the Fier sisters' eyes widened as they saw their dead dog, their Merryboy.

"You see? You have already drunk from the cup of darkness. This is the work of the Devil. He has come to stake our land." Emmeline glared at her stepbrother, for the to push the twin sisters out of her way as she went towards Thomas. "Who among you has welcomed the Devil to Union? Whose lust?" The last question looked like it was directly towards the Fier twin sisters, as he ignored Emmeline's presence.

"Probably your lust, Thomas!" Emma yelled at him, grabbing his ear, and earning complaints from him. "Come on! Let's see if Mother can cut out your mouth!" Emma yelled, for then to drag a complaining Thomas to their house.

"Foolish Union! The Devil has come and cast his darkness over us! And his darkness grows within each of us like a rot!"

"Shut up, Thomas!"

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍, 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐖𝐈𝐍 𝐒𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐂𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐄, 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐎𝐋𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐀 𝐁𝐈𝐆 𝐒𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐄 𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐆𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐃. It worried the sisters, but she was with Constance. A knock on the door caught the attention of the sisters, they shared a look before Taylor Fier opened the door.

"Solomon," Taylor said, relieved, as she heard the relieved sigh from Sarah Fier. Taylor opened the door completely for Solomon Goode to come in, which he did.

"I didn't mean to stop by unexpectedly. I have just a, uh... a small thank you." Solomon said, taking out from his back, two knives, extending one to Taylor and another to Sarah. "It's for Taylor and Sarah," Solomon explained the T and S on the knife handle, but the worriedness on the twin sisters' faces, made him feel worried too. "What is it?"

"Can you keep a secret?"