Ch 26: The Not So Charming Prince

********************************************

Félix was stuck at another photoshoot, trying to establish his presence as the face of the Agreste empire. He waited patiently for them to find André again. André seemed to disappear more when there were crowds. It was never appropriate to lose your patience, so Félix brushed off his rising annoyance.

Marinette, Alya, and Nino gathered near the other spectators watching the shoot. Félix stood back with the professionals near the equipment.

Alya patted Nino's shoulder. "Nino, you know you're my boyfriend. I just love fashion! I'm definitely not going to fan girl over him like I did before."

Nino nodded and took a deep breath. This André character still annoyed him.

Félix's eyes trailed over to Marinette. She looked stuck in thought, but occasionally she would laugh with Nino and Alya.

André bounded up to Marinette. He grabbed her hand and kissed it. Félix felt his stomach lurch. Why is he bothering her again? He thought without warning. André had a weird obsession with Marinette and it worried Félix. Félix shook his head.

André bowed. "You always seem to elude me, my dear."

Marinette rubbed the back of her hand on her pants. "André, please stop. You know I don't like it when you do that." She never saw him as anything more than a childhood friend.

"Oh, sweet Marinette. That can change," he said, spinning off to return to the shoot.

Marinette gagged. His behavior had gone from childish and innocent to creepy and annoying. She wondered when he would be leaving Paris. Christmas was approaching fast.

The director gathered everyone around. "Alright, let's take a quick break."

"Oh, I have to go open up my parents' shop for a second to give a cake to someone. I'll be right back," Marinette told Alya and Nino. Félix was far away but he would probably understand. Lately, she struggled to talk to him without her heart beating out of her chest.

Félix noticed Marinette leaving the group and watched André creep away after her. His pulse suddenly picked up. Why was André following her like that? Félix slipped away to follow them.

********************************************

Marinette waved goodbye to the customer and propped the door open. She turned to lock the register and close up.

"Marinette," André said, startling her. 

She spun around. "A-André, What are you doing here?"

He stood in the empty bakery, blocking the front door. "Listen, I know you don't see me as anything more than a childhood friend, but give me the chance to change your mind." He slowly slid towards her.

Marinette shook her head. "I'm not interested, André. I've already told you that."

He chuckled oddly and placed a hand on the counter next to her. "Come on, give me a chance. I'm a model for crying out loud. All the girls love me."

She was starting to feel trapped. "I said I'm not interested." She backed away from him and inched towards the exit.

André frowned. "And I asked you to give me a chance!"