Chapter 12

I awoke in my bed. Everyone stood around me, including Dr. Argon. They all looked concerned except Dr. Argon who seemed extremely angry.

"Are you okay?" John asked who looked most concerned. I tried to nod my head, but I found I couldn't. I tried to move my lips, but they didn't want to function.

"Everyone get out. I need to talk with Renee," Everyone filed out and each one gave me one last pitiful look, including Nicole surprisingly.

"I told you specifically NOT to have more than a drop! You chugged the rest of the vial! You could have died! You could be mentally disabled!" He screamed at me. I just lay there frozen. I tried to move each of my muscles. None of them would works except my eyes. I tried to make them into slits.

"Can you move anything?" He asked after calming down. I tried again with no more success. "Well this is great. Maybe you will after an hour of rest." He said. Suddenly, he stopped the doctor mode. A rueful smile twisted on his lips. He walked closer to me and sat on the bed. He leaned into my face and got even closer. To close for my liking. His breath tingled my face. Fright fogged over my body. What was he doing?

"Dr. Argon, can we come in?" Sam said. Dr. Argon froze and then bolted away from me. I relaxed in relief.

"Yes, I believe I am done for the moment," he said and opened the door. Everyone came flooding in. Dr. Argon stepped into the hallway. But before he closed the door, he smiled darkly. A shiver cascaded down my spine.

"Can you move anything?" Sam said. I tried again. My neck moved enough for me to nod. "What happened?"

"Iya had ta gave ya all ah while daz ah sha at da cure," I tried to say I had to give you all a vial that was a shoot at the cure but it became a jumble. They all were silent and were trying to decode what I just said.

"Well, I guess we should give you a rest and ask later," John said and they all said good bye and left.

Tears stung my eyes. I felt like I was trapped. Was I ever going to get better