Chapter 10

My bed felt like a blissful heaven. The sheets were soft and a nice blue color. But then the heaven was shredded. It must have been an hour.

   A woman with long blond hair stood in the doorway of my room. A man was behind her holding her hips. My father stood to the left gapping.

   "You're as good as death to me," My mother said in a thick accent. "We never were. You never gave me what I wanted, Harold. Forget me. I have a new life that shall give me a better life." Silent tears soaked my cheeks. My mother turned and ran off wit the man. My father sunk to his knees. HIs sobs sounded as crystal clear as mother's. I got off my bed to him. His tears seemed to disappear as they glazed the floor. I bent down to hug him and tell him it was alright like when it really happened, but before I could even feel the cotton of his shirt, he disappeared. I sat on my floor. I pressed my hands against my head. This was torture. I could only see my family in the worsest moments of my life. This is downright wrong. I sank to the floor and curled in the feddle position. My heart would not last long here. 

    "Just started?" John asked. I jumpedoff the floor, frightened. I nodded and fell onto my bed. "Its going to be difficult."

    "I know," I said. "Why are you here?"

   "To tell you Dr. Argon is here," he said. Oh shit I don't feel like facing him. I sighed and groaned at the same time. He held my hand and guided me down the stairs.

   "Pleasure to see you all here!" Dr. Argon said. I rolled my eyes. "I'm going to talk to you individually and take a few tests. We will start with Sam." Sam strode up to him. Dr. Argon whisked him away to the living room which was behind the dining room. Once they left, Nicole and Derek started kissing.

   "Can you please stop snogging in here, it's so disgusting." I said. They both shot me a dirty look and kept smooching. I groaned and pounded my head on the table. They came back out.

   Dr. Argon called Derek, then Nicole, then John and finally me. I huffed and got out of my chair. I followed him into the living room.

   He closed the door shut and turned to me. "What was your first vision?" he asked curiosly. I felt like when the girls at school wanted to learn some juice VIP info, but it is really to horrid to tell. I laughed inside when I thought of Dr. Argon as a teenage girl.

   "When my mother left us," I said with my chin held high. I wasn't going to be all weepy girl.

   "Hard, hard memory to rexperience. How did you react?" he asked.

   "Crying,"

  "Brutally?"

  "Silently."

  "Interesting," He said while scratching his chin. "I'm going to run a few tests if you don't mind." I shook my head. Anything to get this nightmare over with quicker.

  He had me follow his hand in he air, run in a circle, and a few other things.After every result he scratched his chin and said interesting.

  "I did not tell the others, but I have this," he said showing a small vial of orange liqiud. "It is a rough start to the cure. You seem to do better then the rest therefore, you will be the protector and giver of it."

 "What do you mean?" This guy seemed whacked. No wonder he was chosen for Insanity.

  "I want you to get everyone to drink some. Including you. One drop each - no more or it will be dangerous." He said. I nodded and he passed it to me. Great, another burden. We got up to go. As we got to the door, he tunred around with a slightly mishievous smile and opened the door for me. I bolted out before that whack-job could say another word.

  He bid us good day and left us sitting at the dining room table. We all sighed.

  "I'm going outside," I said and go up.I felt the little vial clank against my leg. I opened the door and walked into the blinding sunlight. I walked off the steps and kept walking. The grass tickled my legs like it was a mid summer's day instead of an early sping day in a loony house lot. My feet carried me on. I got a good distance between the house and me before I hit the boundary. My head smacked against the invisble wall. I sighed. There was no way out. There was no way out of here. There was no way out of my mind. My insane mind.