Chapter 6: Battle of Alnus Hill Pt.2

(Y/N)'s POV

"GO!"

I yell as i fired at the incoming crowd with my M4A1 As the others join me.

"FUCKING HELL! WATCH YOUR FLANKS!"

I hear Price yell as i quickly duck, an arrow flying over where my head was a second ago as i quickly aimed back and pulled the trigger.

"GET THOSE VIPERS UP AND RUNNING!"

I hear a Marine Yell as i kept firing towards the incoming hostiles. A Marine quickly takes cover beside me as we made eye contact.

"Oh shit! Lucky?!?!"

I ask, recognizing the Marine as the same guy who saved my ass in Bootcamp and my old Best Friend. Lance Corporal Robert "Lucky" Leckie

(If you know where this guy is from you get an piece of cake and a A-10 Warthog)

(Also, RIP Lucky)

"Nantz?!?! You fucking Bitch!"

He says as we man hug each other before turning back to the battle.

"I thought your ass was still in Russia!"

I tell him as i quickly aimed and fire a few rounds before ducking back.

"Fucking command assigned me to your team!"

He says as i turn to him surprised.

"Well shit!"

I say as we both aimed and fire at the incoming men in armor. But then i noticed something...There armor was different from the bastards we fought in Nevada. The Bradleys, LAVs, Abrams and Humvees started to open fire but they just keep coming.

"SHIT! WYVERN!"

We all look up to see a wyvern and its rider riding towards us.

"OH SHIT!"

But before it could light us up the LAV-AD Fired its AA Missiles, blowing it to kingdom come.

"Holy shit!"

We all say as the blood rains over us.

"This is Hunter 1-1, enjoy the show."

A voice says in our comms as the Two Vipers flew over us, opening fire towards the enemy as they start to retreat but was in vain as the Viper's missiles and guns made quick work.

"Cease fire!"

I hear the Task Force Commander yell as we stop firing our rifles. We looked at the field to see it was filled with bodies, body parts, blood, craters and fire.

"Jesus Christ..."

Elena mutters as we stare in shock at the bodies. For a moment the field changed to the streets of Boston, dead civilians everywhere before it turns back to the field.

I slowly took off my helmet, staring at the bodies as Lucky walked beside me.

"Fuck me man..."

Lucky mutters as we both look at each other for a moment before turning back to the bodies.

"...This is hell..."

A few Hours Later

Time: 2300

The night sky showing billions of stars gloomed over the landscape. It was awhile since the first Assault and more Reinforcements arrives such as Apaches, More Vipers, Russian Hinds and a few new jets from the F-35A Family, F-35 Lightning II.

I was in one of the trenches with Itami's and Mike's Team. It was my turn for Overwatch as i look around the field with new NVG Goggles that they issued the Corps called the QTNVG.

I hear movement beside me as i turn to see Lucky sitting beside me with his Goggles on too while holding two cups of coffee.

"We got some catching up to do Nantz."

He says with a smirk while giving me a cup of Coffee, i took it and held it in my hands.

"Hell Yeah, fuck me man its been Awhile. So How's Pyle been doing?"

I ask him, referring to our old Bootcamp buddy name Private Pyle from our Drill Sergeant.

"He's been doing good, the fatass actually got a girlfriend."

I look at him in disbelief, Pyle beating me.

"Fucking unbelievable..."

I mutter with a chuckle as Lucky smirks, taking a sip of his coffee.

"How about Her."

Lucky asks, motioning to Elena who was asleep beside her rifle.

"What about her?"

I ask him with confusion while taking a sip of the hot coffee.

"Well you guys seem close."

He says while we turn back to the field.

"I get that a lot but she's just my Best friend like you, people keep mistaking us for a couple man its getting a bit annoying."

I told him as we both chuckle until we fall silent, while we both look down.

"...But i do Love her, but its not like i have a chance i can get her to date me."

I told him quietly as Lucky pats my back.

"When the moment arises, you'll get your chance."

He reassures me as i nod, turning back to the field while drinking my Coffee.

"Hey Nantz."

Me and Lucky turns to see Kuribayashi approaching us with her NODs and rifle.

"Your shift is up, its my turn now."

She says as i nod, but then i noticed movement. The three of us quickly turns back to the field to see a large group of men in armor sneaking towards us.

"OH SHIT!"

I quickly grab my flare gun and fired it in the sky as everyone quickly wakes up.

"HOSTILES TWELVE O'CLOCK!"

I yell as i quickly place the coffee down and aimed our rifles at the hostiles, letting loose as we all open fire towards the now caught off-guard men in armor.

"This is War Daddy, lets make this quick i was dreaming of fucking all your girls."

I hear the cocky Texan Tank commander as the Abrams starts to open fire to the group. I notice one of the men in armor aiming a bow towards me, but before i could react the arrow flew a inch away from my helmet, missing me as the man gets blown up by the Abrams.

I lower my rifle, while flipping up my goggles.

"...Nice Shot..."

I commented on the dead man as the flare slowly dissipates. I watch Lucky pull out the arrow from the sandbag, looking at me with it.

"You lucky bastard."

He says with a smirk as he tosses me the arrow, i grabbed it as i inspected the Arrow. It was nothing special but it was common that we take shit from dead hostiles to show them off when the war is over in the corps such as flags our weapons. I carefully place the arrow next to my coffee, before sipping it.

I see Elena slinging her rifle on her back, yawning a bit cutely while stretching.

"Fuck, i was dreaming a nice dream..."

I hear her Mutter as i remember what Lucky said.

"When the moment arises, you'll get your chance."