My mom nearly runs me over and hugs me so long, it actually brought me so much joy, I whispered in her ear "happy birthday mom"
She eventually pulls away and says "this is probably the best gift I could've ever asked for, having all my kids under one roof again. I couldn't be happier."

I find my dad and hug him my arms wrapped around his waist and he covers me like a bear hug, I snuggle against him, "I missed you the most dad"

Of cause moms, supersonic hearing hears that and she scolds me saying "hey!! It's my birthday young lady! How dare you miss your dad more"
I smile as if I'm not sorry but I say I am anyways " you know what I meant mom"

She rolls her eyes "yeah whatever, once a daddy's girl, always a daddy's girl"

My dad is grinning and I'm giggling, when dad finally says "you have Tom, darling"
I add on " yeah but I'm the favorite"

Tom scowls "Clearly the favorite is back"

"Jealous?" I say with the biggest smile.

But Tom has to have the last say "should've left you in Cali"
And as it leaves his mouth my mother swats his arm "don't you dare say that to your sister, we're so happy she's here"

I stick my tongue out at him, he's just jealous our mom is making a fuss of me. He's used to being the favorite while I was away.
I leave soon after because I'm not getting into any childish fights with Tom, we're no longer 8/10.

So I start doing my rounds to greet the rest of the family, the first couple I get to are my Godparents Aunt Ariel and Uncle Franco aka Ari and Frank, they're my parent's long-time friends and my favorites.

Aunt Ariel is so happy to see me she hugs me so long before pulling away she looks at me with tears in her waterline I can see if she blinks now they'll come falling down, " it's so lovely to see you, this was probably the best surprise for your family but for us too! You know I've always thought of you as my daughter I never had, I'm so happy you're here" and she hugs me again which I'm sure is cause she missed me but also so I don't see those tears fall.
She pats under her eyes with her middle finger, so she doesn't mess up her makeup.

"You have always been the cool god mom I run to when no one else understands me," I say comforting her.
She uses my soft moment with her to bring up her one and only son.
She clears her throat and states ever so naturally " you know, you could just be with Logan and we can officially be family, like blood, I'd love you as my real daughter" I smile awkwardly
When thankfully Uncle Frank interrupts her and jokingly says "oh love, you know she deserves better than our boy"
"She's fit for a king" he continues

I couldn't help but stifle a laugh, "you think way too highly of me uncle Frank"

"Oh hush, that's easy, you've always been the apple of our eyes, I hope we get to spend some time with you before you jet off again for who knows how long this time," aunt Ariel says with longing as if she's genuinely hoping I'm going to be around for a bit.

I take Ari's pinky in mine " I promise we will." And we both kiss our hands and let go, we've done this since I was a kid and every time we've done it, the promise has never been broken. I think as a full-blown 21year old now it's still the purest form of trust for me.
And as we're about to depart and I continue my rounds
Uncle frank interrupts "oh and Mia ?"
"Yes, uncle frank?"
"Stay away from the company our boy Logan keeps, ok? They're undeserving of you Tesoro. " he plants a kiss on my forehead.
I swear with people like them I'll never settle for these men in the world.
Thinking about what uncle frank said ... what is Logan into that his own dad had to warn me.
With that, your sister pinches your arm.
"Hey!!" I say with anguish, I don't know Davina doesn't know how to express herself like a normal person.