Cells

"We will now reshuffle the cells."

"You may keep the cells you have now, or you can make a new cell. Choose wisely, because these are the people you will share your fate of survival with." Jingoo added.

"Each cell must have 3 members, each from K, C, and J. But since there are 100 contestants, one C will be left out, which means they will be able to choose the cell they will be in."

There was a small buzz among the C Group contestants after this and a few groans from K and J since they found it kind of unfair that they will be able to choose their cell after every single one was formed.

"If you are chosen for a cell, you can't reject."

As Hikaru and Yeseo were picking their cells, I bit my lower lip anxiously if they picked me or one of my present cellmates.

"J Group's Yurina"

My heart dropped as Xiaoting said those words. However I smiled at Yurina as she walked towards her new team.

***

The TOP9 cells were made, and I was pretty sad to not be able to be in the same cell as Yurina like the beginning, but life goes on, doesn't it?

"If you want to change cell, raise your hand. But if you raise your hand now, your cell will break."

I looked over at Yeeun and Yi Zhou sadly. We were a team composed of K, C, C, and we couldn't be a team if we were missing a J.

So I raised my hand.

"W-what?" Yeeun looked at me with visible confusion in her eyes.

"We are a team of C, K, C, we can't be a team. It needs to be C, K, J. I'm sorry, girls." I said with a noticeably sad tone.

Many other girls with 1 or 2 members also raised their hands, so did a lot of girls with complete cells.

"Then you may go around and create a new cell!" said Jingoo and he put his mic down, knowing it would take a while.

After a while of them going around, everyone had created their new cells and I was left alone in the empty stage. I stood in the center fidgeting my fingers while everyone looked at me.

Many small comments were made between cells, but I ignored them as my heart leapt at the thought of being able to choose my new cell.

Actually, I hid in the crowd of girls so no one noticed me so I could choose my cell.

Genius, am I right?

"Zhong Liling, as the only remaining contestant without a cell, which cell will you choose?"

I looked around the crowd of girls to find the group I liked. Many of them kept pointing at themselves (which I obviously didn't pick) until I locked eyes with one girl.

"I choose... the cell with Hsu Nientzu, Sakamoto Shihona, and Huening Bahiyyih."

I saw the three girls look at each other with wide eyes and then at me. 

"May I ask why you chose this cell?" Jingoo asked.

"I chose this team because each of their performances caught my attention in both vocals and dance and Shihona Unnie and I trained together so I want to perform with her and her present cell."

"Alright, you may go with your new cell."

I smiled at myself before going to were my cellmates are sitting..

"Hi, Unnie! Hello, my name is Liling." I said quietly as I bowed before sitting down.

The other girls gave a small bow back and we all looked back at Jingoo, who was now in the center of the stage once more.

"Planet Guardians, the global voting starts... NOW!"

*~*~*~*

Hellooo sorry for the short chapter I didn't know how to fill it in :'D

Don't forget to vote and comment on the chapter if you liked it 💜

New a/n: Wow, looking back at these chapters make me realize how I've grown as a writer and stuff. Welp see ya :D