𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏: Connected

Today was the day Girls Planet 999 began. I was so exited but kind of nervous, because I would meet trainees I might have never met before. When I entered a purple room,  messages in Japanese, Korean, and Chinese filled the room and the big question in the middle: 'Which kind of girl do you want to connect with?' I smiled at myself as I kept walking to see what was waiting for me. 

That it when I saw two other girls walking to the middle as well: One had a high ponytail and bangs. She was wearing a pretty turquoise blouse with white shorts, a silver chain belt, and white boots. Another had a simple pastel yellow dress and a white sweatband in one of her wrists.

We all greeted each other in Korean but we were obviously not from the same country. I think the  yellow dress girl was Korean and the teal blouse one was Japanese. I tried to strike a conversation, but I didn't know what to talk about. The other girls seemed to have the same problem, so we just laughed awkwardly. 

I heard a voice muttering a few words I could understand, so I turned my head and saw a girl with long hair and bangs. She was wearing a white ripped jean jacket and black pants. She saw us and said hello as she bowed politely. 

We tried to start a conversation again, but no one knew what to say, so we just laughed. "So pretty," I heard the white jacket girl say as she looked at the yellow dressed one. We all laughed as the complimented girl smiled shyly and let out a small "Thanks".

After a few more seconds, the screen lit up saying "Put your name tag on", so we did. I saw that the girls names were Kawaguchi Yurina, Kim Yeeun, and Gu Yizhou. After we all put on our name tags, the screen lit up once more with the words "You have been connected".

"Connected? How did we connect?" asked Yeeun.

Yurina said something in Japanese, but I couldn't understand what she was saying, that is when the screen now showed the words "Connect Keyword: Role Model".

"Role model," I read to myself. I pointed at Yurina as if to ask her who her role model was. She looked at me with a smile as if she got my message.

"TWICE," she said. I smiled and now pointed at Yizhou.

"TWICE Tzuyu, I really like her," she said happily. I smiled wider and pointed at Yeeun.

"For me... TWICE Nayeon," she said with a smile as well.

"TWICE Jihyo," I now pointed at myself as I jumped happily. We all clapped in joy to see we had something in common: we love TWICE.

"Oh!" I heard Yeeun exclaim as she pointed at the screen again, "Please go to Girls Planet" it said with an arrow pointing to our right. We saw a fourth path enlighten and we walked through it. 

"I'm nervous," I said as lights in shape of triangles lit up in front of us. However, we seemed to reach a dead end, since there were only closed doors in front of us. Literally, there was a closed door in front of us.

"I don't think this is it," Yeeun said as Yizhou knocked on the door. I was about to turn around when the door opened quickly. We all gasped and I held Yurina's left arm as she covered her mouth. 

We entered the room cautiously, but it was all pitch-black and we couldn't see a thing. I didn't let go of Yurina's arm as I tried to see if I could spot something in the darkness. Suddenly, there was a circle of light in front of us. Shocked and nervous, I let go of Yurina's arm and now held her hand, which she also gripped tightly.

The room began lighting up and we saw a lot of chairs in three pairs, one with a C, K and a J. There must be about 50 of them, I thought to myself. However there was one that had four chairs: C, K, J, C. It was all so pretty and sudden that we all froze in the spot.