💨 Hanma Shuji x Reader - Suspicious 💨

Some anime spoilers (episode 24), but nothing major (aka, new characters and a few scenes)

Cuss words used.

Context:
• Takes place in the 'future'.
• You're an executive of Toman, very busy and usually unable to attend meetings.
• Your relationship with Hanma is a bit tense. You don't particularly like his snarky remarks but he's more subdued these days.
____________________________

You walked in calmly.
"Always fashionably late I see..." Hanma mumbled.
You forced a smile as you walked around the table to your seat next to Him.
He pulled your chair out for you and you sat down, "Thanks."
'How unusually nice of him...'

You greeted everyone calmly, though most ignored you or were too busy shouting for food to notice. You sighed then looked forwards. You caught Takemichi's shocked facial expression, his mouth hung open widely.
"Uh..Hi Takemichi...You good?"
"(L/N)..." he whispered.
"(L/N)? Why so formal today? I didn't think that we drifted so much that we went back to calling each other by our last names again." You chuckled, teasing him.
You heard Hanma scoff beside you.

"Well, how are you today Hanma?"
"Fine."
"You arranged this meeting right?"
"Yes."
"Never much of a talker nowadays are you?"
Hanma raised an eyebrow at your comment.
"I guess not." You said to yourself.

"All you do is yap, yap, yap, yap! Shut the Hell up!" Shiba Hakkai said, taking a bite out of his food. "You damn old-timers", he used a toothpick to pick at his teeth.
"Huh?"
"Old-timers?" Smiley repeated, still smiling but with a low tone in his voice.
"Don't go gettin' a big head, Shiba!" Peh-yan shouted.
"Shut up! Who do you think is putting food on the table?" Inui Seishu said. "You old-timers barely even contribute to the treasury funds, and just laze around because you've been around the longest."
You sighed, talking to yourself, "And another round starts up..."
"What the Hell did you say?!"
"Uh, wait..." Takemichi butted in.
Kokonoi Hajime chuckled, "You're way too honest, Inupi."

You tilted your head to Hanma.
"Hey, could you start the meeting soon, they're gonna start throwing sh*t if they keep going."
"Yeah, yeah."

"Where the Hell is Mikey anyway?"
"Like he'd bother seeing your ass."
"Huh?"
"Mikey this, Mikey that...You old-timers always whine about Mikey whenever something comes up. Clingy little b*tches."
Pah-chin abruptly stood up, throwing his chair against the wall and breaking it. He walked behind Shiba. "Step outside, Shiba!"

"Everyone calm it down won't you? Let's try and keep it at least a little civil here..." You said annoyed.
"I'm exhausted. What is this a playground?" Hanma said tiredly.
"What I wanted to discuss at this regular meeting isn't the treasury funds. Koko's public IT business, Shiba's cover business, and a few of our other businesses...We're searched by the cops three days ago. Which means...There's a Judas among us."
"Judas?"
"He means a traitor."
Hanma looked down at you. You made eye contact with him.
"You don't mean to say that I'm the Judas right?" You smirked.

"There's no traitor here! We might be trash, but we're all ride-or-dies!" Pah-chin said.
"Are you stupid? If no one's snitching, then how the Hell did we all get searched on the same day?"
"Seriously, who are you calling stupid?!" He retaliated.
"Don't try and lessen the blow by calling him "stupid" instead of "dumb*ss"!" Peh-yan defended.
"I'm the one who called you a dumb*ss." Smiley said.
"Shut up!"
"If you're lookin' to fight Koko, I'll be glad to fight you!"
"What?! You want a piece of me?!"
"Bring it, dipsh*t!"
"Oh look, Kisaki's here." You said, bored.

"Looks like you're all having fun."
"Good day, sir!"
Everyone stopped what they were doing and bowed deeply to Kisaki. You yourself stayed in your chair glaring at him.
"As fun as babysitting toddlers."
"Haha! You always make me laugh (L/N)."
"Oh it's my pleasure." You said sarcastically.

"Don't, (L/N), you don't know what he'll do to you when he wants to get rid of you..." Hanma whispered.
"Whatever...What's it to you anyway."
Hanma said nothing.
"No need to be so formal, guys." Kisaki smiled broadly.
The other guys chatted and a calmer atmosphere descended.
"Is the meeting over now?" You asked Hanma.
"I guess."
You got up from your seat and adjusted your outfit.
"Can I talk to you for a moment (L/N)."
"Huh? Yeah." You looked down at Hanma, waiting.
He stood up checking the time on his watch.
"Not here."
He placed a hand on your lower back and pushed it gently. "This way." He whispered, guiding you through a maze of doors.
You were slightly taken aback.
While the others were distracted, you and Hanma slipped away.

"So, what do you want to talk about?"
"Kisaki already knows, who the Judas is."
"What?"
"He went to Matsuno and Hanagaki. So it's either one of them, or both. But I'm gonna guess Matsuno, Hanagaki doesn't seem like the type."
"Why?! Why would-"
Hanma lifted a finger to your lips, silencing you.
"Why are you so loud?" He mumbled.
You pursed your lips. "Why are you telling me this? And why are you so...Touchy today?"
"I don't know what you're talking about
(L/N)." He said, placed his hands in his suit pockets.
"Just wanted to let you know, that's all."
"Right..."
"Well, that's all, I'll see you later." Hanma stared walking away.
"Wait, Hanma, you need to show me the way out."
"Huh?"
"You just led me somewhere, how the Hell am I supposed to know where I'm going?"
"Shouldn't you know?"
"Well I don't."
"Fine, just follow me."
You walked to Hanma as he waited for you. He rested an arm on your shoulder.
"What are you doing?"
"I'm tired."
"And?"
"You're short."
"What? No I'm not. Compared to you I am, but that's because you're a literal tree!"
"That's so mean (L/N). My feelings are hurt."
"Whatever Hanma."
_______________________________

Was there a point to this Oneshot? No.
Except Hanma

I'm so sad that the season is over :((
I hope we don't have to wait long for the 2nd season but I heard that it will come next year, idk tho

1061 words inc extra info
25/09/2021