🥊🌊 Manjiro Sano (Mikey) x Female reader - Who's the strongest? 🌊🥊

Should have written something for Mikey on the 20th :((
(It was his birthday if you didn't know)

Context:
• You are a very strong fighter.
• You are the president of a biker gang.
• You and Mikey know of each other but don't harbour any ill-intent.
• You like to spar, you have never been able to find anyone that has been able to keep up with you. When you found out about Mikey, you wanted to fight with him.
• One day, you met him, and arranged for a friendly spar. You invited Toman and your own gang to spectate if they wanted.
____________________________

"It's a pleasure to finally spar which the 'Invincible Mikey'. Needless to say, I'm very excited." You offered your hand towards him.
He shook it while staring into your eyes.

"Who do you think is gonna win?"
"Mikey, duh."
"She doesn't even look that strong."
"She's smaller than Mikey too."
"I bet she wins fights because she's pretty."

You cracked a finger while controlling your breathing.

"She's doing it!"
"What? Is that her good luck thing or something?"
"She does it every time she's about to fight. I dunno if it's for luck though.."

Draken was overseeing the one-on-one. You and Mikey both looked at him expectantly.
"Ready when you are."
Draken nodded, "The Invincible Mikey, versus (Nickname or name)! Start!"
Mikey strolled towards you casually. You stood waiting for him. Just as he reached you he kicked around and upwards, aiming for the left side of your head.
You planted your feet into the ground and brought both your hands up to block his 'Nuclear Kick'.
Mikey's eyes widened.

You ducked underneath his leg, twisting your body as to face his back. Once behind him you swung your fist at his waist. Mikey sidestepped quickly.
You blinked.
"That kick was definitely nuclear. I can see why people call it that now." You complimented rubbing your right arm.
Mikey stayed silent.
"You're not very talkative are you?" Sighing, you stepped forward. Pushing off with your less dominant foot you flew towards Mikey a fist aimed at his chin.
Before he could react, you made contact, pushing his jaw upwards. He stumbled backwards holding his chin.
"Fast."

Just as quickly as the first time, Mikey rushed towards you, he turned quickly before kicking you on your cheek with his heel. You clutched your face bent over and staggering. As Mikey was about to elbow you in the back you somersaulted backwards to create distance.
He ran towards you again, his fist just missing your head as you ducked.
He grabbed your shoulder and kneed you into the stomach. You elbowed his hip and pushed him into the ground. You sat on him holding his arms on the ground.
You gritted your teeth.
Mikey smirked as he grabbed your waist and pushed you upwards. You tried to wrap your legs around his torso and you held onto his shoulders.
"Oi! What are you doing?!" You shouted elbowing him.
Mikey threw you into an old, rusty shell of a car.

You slumped against the car, wiping the blood dripping from your mouth.
"Damn. Okay then, let's get serious."
You grabbed the bottom of the car and placed your other hand on the roof. You took in a deep breath, lifting the hunk of metal and flinging it towards Mikey. Mikey's expression amused you, but it quickly switched back to his normal expression as he jump up to avoid the projectile.
You saw your chance, speeding towards him you jumped upwards to meet him in the air. Punching him in the abdomen. He turned in mid-air, landing on his hands and knees, a cloud of dust swirling around him.
You landed gently just after him.
He stared at you. "How did you lift that car?"
"It's just a hunk of metal, the heavy parts aren't in it anymore."
"Hmm."

You both ran at each other, you grabbed his neck propelling him backwards, he snaked his hands between yours, forcing your hands off by pushing them. You kicked at his side, he grabbed your leg as he raised his elbow.
'Is he trying to break my leg?!'
You swivelled your body, sliding your leg out of his grip, kicking him with your other.
Without letting him recover, you jabbed at his stomach repeatedly before finishing with a final blow.
The breeze whooshed past you swiftly.

Mikey kneeled on the ground, you both panted.
In the blink of an eye he was in front of you, reaching for your neck. He held your neck firmly but not enough to cause you a lot of pain. You winced as he pushed you onto the ground. He held you down, one hand on your neck, the other restraining your arms.
"We've switched places."
"Heh, I can see that..." You heaved.
You patted the ground next you 3 times, signalling your forfeit.
"The spar is over!" Draken shouted.

Mikey let go of your neck.
You lay on your back as you caught your breath. Mikey got off of you and extended a hand.
You took it happily.
"Thank you Mikey, I enjoyed that. I hope we can spar more in the future."
Mikey nodded smiling. "You're stronger than you look. Still can't believe you threw that car at me."
You rubbed the back of your neck looking away.
"Oh, by the way, were you trying to break my leg back there?"
Mikey pouted, "No~"
"Hmm." You squinted your eyes. "Whatever, I'll look past it. Just don't actually break my leg."
"I won't."
He shook hands with you again.
You hooked your arm around his neck, "Mikey!! I'm super pumped after that fight, it's good to know that I can improve myself more."
Mikey nodded.
"Do you like food? I'll buy you a meal!"
Mikey's eyes sparkled.
"I'm guessing that's a yes, are you free right now? Let's go eat if you are!"
"Yeah I'm free, let's go!"

You thanked Draken and bid the onlookers goodbye. You and Mikey skipped to his favourite restaurant as new friends.
_______________________________

Apparently the human body can lift a car but it's brain prevents the person from doing so. I don't know if you have to be extra buff though lmao
Sorry about to writing a lot, I only have one excuse....

I couldn't be bothered (and I don't have any inspo left)

Also last week's episode made me sad.

This Oneshot wasn't really romance-y, it's more friendship-y lol
Oh well
¯\_ʘ‿ʘ_/¯

I took inspiration from Mikey's fight scenes and Honkai Impact 3rd ((Lament of the fallen cutscene) HI3 is a game).

Hope you enjoyed reading :)
1114 words including extra information
25/08/2021