16

"Jae, it's time for your nap," Minho said, turning off the TV. 

"But I don't wanna." 

"If you go to sleep now, you'll probably be waking up right when your Daddy gets home. It'll make the time go by faster. You want Daddy home, don't you?" Jaeho nodded. "Then come on. I'll tuck you in." Jaeho pouted but still walked to his bedroom. 

"Be right back." He mumbled to his boyfriend, before pecking him on the forehead and then walking to Jaeho's bedroom. About a minute later, he came back and sat back down where he was. "That kid will be asleep in minutes." He laughed. 

"Hey, Minho?" Chan called out, quietly, trying to keep his composure. 

"What's up?" He asked, resting his arm on the couch behind Chan. 

"Are you cheating on me?" Chan watched Minho's reaction. At first, he was shocked, but then it was almost like he built a wall, masking his true emotions. 

"What? Am I cheating on you?" 

"Are you?" Chan asked impatiently. 

"Of course, I'm not." He tried not to avoid eye contact, but he couldn't help but glance away from Chan and towards the coffee table in front of them. 

"Please be honest with me. That scratch isn't from Dori, is it?" Minho didn't say anything. He wanted to defend himself, but he didn't want to lie again. "While you were in the bathroom, Jae asked me if you loved two people. I asked what he meant and he said that you only kiss people you love but you kiss me and 'daddy'." Chan explained. 

"Chan, I-" 

"You know, it would've been one thing for you to just sleep with somebody that you didn't know once and that was it. But you promised me. Both of you did. And you would kiss in front of his kid. It's almost as if you were asking to be caught. Guess that's where those hickies on Jisung came from." Chan laughed bitterly. 

"You saw those?" 

"There weren't very hidden." 

"I'm sorry. I am. We both felt so guilty after and we wanted to tell you we just didn't know-how. And I just feel so fucking bad." 

"Imagine how I fucking feel, Minho. I let you two live together because you promised. He literally broke up with Eric because they didn't trust each other and I thought Eric was just crazy and insecure. But you two did sleep together. At the end of the day, Eric and I had every right to be worried and- and insecure that something was going on cause there fucking was." 

"We've only slept together once, I swear. Nothing happened until Friday." 

"Are you fucking serious? I wasn't even gone for one day and you already slept with somebody else? Did you know that my whole trip I was wishing you were there with me and it would be so much fun if we were together? I couldn't wait to tell you about it and show you all the pictures. Meanwhile, you're having the time of your life fucking your ex. Fucking unbelievable." 

"Chan, I really am so so sorry." 

"No, don't be. This is just Jisung getting his revenge. It's cool. I made his life a living hell in high school and he's just giving it back. It's understandable." 

"I promise you, it's not that. Jisung forgave you. Don't hold that against yourself." 

"Please just let me think it was his revenge so I can move on and we can continue to be together." 

"I- I don't really know how to put this. I don't think we-"

"Don't. You don't get to do this to me, Minho." Chan started to tear up. "You don't get to break up with me."

"We have to, Chan. I can't just fake it. I care about you so much. You need to be with someone who can love you as much as you love them." 

"I already am. Why can't you just love me like you used to, Min?" 

"I don't know. I wish I could. I really do. But this is for the best." 

"Okay." Chan stood up. "You're right. I don't fucking deserve this." He walked to the door, slipped his shoes on, and slammed the door on his way out. Minho slowly sunk further into the couch, the gravity of the situation finally sinking in. When he thought of this situation before, he thought he'd feel relieved that he wouldn't have to fake it with Chan anymore, but in reality, he's still heartbroken. He knows it's his fault. It's all his fault. Somebody he deeply cared about and loved just left him. It felt like he lost a close friend, not a lover, but that didn't mean it wasn't painful. He just hoped Jisung would be home before he spiraled. He sat there for about 20 minutes just crying to himself before he heard rustling followed by the door opening. 

"Everything go good?" Jisung called from the doorway while he put his shoes away. 

"Y-yeah, he's sleeping right now." Minho managed to croak out. Jisung felt like something was off, but he didn't know what. He put his things in his room and then finally looked at Minho on the couch. He wasn't crying anymore, but it was so obvious something happened. 

"Holy shit, Minho, what happened? Where's Chan?" Jisung asked, running towards the boy on the sofa. 

"We broke up." He shrugged, tears resurfacing, but he forced them back down. 

"Did you tell him?" Jisung took Minho into a hug and comfortingly rubbed his back. 

"Jae did. He saw us kiss. He was confused as to how I loved you and Chan, so he asked Chan if it was possible to love two people." 

"I'm so sorry, Minho. I'm so fucking sorry. Please don't hate him." 

"I don't, Ji, don't worry. I know he didn't mean anything bad. It's not his fault. Chan would've found out eventually." 

"I'm so sorry." 

"It's alright. I'll get over it and hopefully, we'll be able to figure our shit out. Okay?"

"Take your time, Min. I'll always be here. I promise." Minho nodded and Jisung lightly kissed his cheek. "What do you want to do? Wanna watch a show or get some food or?" 

"I kinda just wanna be alone. Is that alright?" 

"Of course it is." Minho slowly got up and walked to his bedroom, softly shutting the door behind him.