1

Savannah's POV

"I told you last week that I wasn't feeling up to going tonight, Laken. I have a lot to get done before class next week" I tell my best friend, looking over at her.

Laken looks up at me from her spot on the couch in our shared apartment, before giving me her best puppy dog pout, one that usually has me giving in as soon as she does it.

"Sav, please come with me, I have no one else to go with! Besides, I would much rather experience seeing my favorite artist live with my best friend rather than some random girl from the house" Laken pleads.

I sigh, looking over towards my best friend. While I don't want to go with her, I don't like seeing her so upset over something so little. Surely, I can push whatever feelings I'm feeling down for one night to let my best friend be happy.

"Fine, I'll go with you. However, I'm drinking and you're my DD for the night. On top of that, if I decide we should leave, we are going to leave. Those are my conditions, take them or leave them" I tell her.

Laken gives me a nod, a big smile coming to her face when she hears me finally agree to go with her to this concert.

Going into my room, I slowly start to get myself ready for the night, dreading not telling my best friend about my past sooner, maybe then I wouldn't have to go with her.

Throwing on an old t-shirt, a pair of cut off shorts, and an old flannel tied around my waist, I slide on my boots, before heading towards the bathroom. I quickly touched up the hair I curled last night, and the makeup I slapped on this morning, before grabbing a hat off the wall and the rest of my stuff.

"Let's go Lake" I yell, attempting to get her out of her room quicker.

The sooner we can get there, the sooner we can come home.

Laken gives me a nod, before grabbing her purse off of the couch. The two of us make our way out of the apartment and down the elevator into the parking garage.

Once we get out of the elevator, we make our way over to Laken's jeep, which is always conveniently parked next to my 4Runner, and get in.

"Thank you for agreeing to go with me tonight" Laken says to me as she starts up the car.

"Wouldn't do it for anyone but you" I tell her, giving her a small smile.

Laken gives me one last smile, before putting her car in drive, and heading out of the garage. I hear the soft voice of Morgan Wallen coming though the speakers as she sings along. The only thing on my mind, the last time I saw Morgan face to face. 

Flashback, 4 years ago

Walking into Morgan's room at his parents' house, I see the last thing I ever thought I would ever see. Morgan walking around his room packing all of his stuff into a few suitcases and duffle bags that are sitting in a row on his bed.

"Where are you going?" I ask, looking between him and the bags.

"Nashville" he mumbles out.

"So what, you were just going to leave? Not say a word to me about it" I question, attempting to stop his movements.

"I was going to call before I left, see if you wanted me to come by or something" he responds shrugging his shoulders.

I sigh, before sitting down on the bed next to one of his bags, attempting to get him to stop moving around the room.

"So what, all of our plans for the future, and our relationship are just thrown out the window?" I ask.