SOMEBODY ELSE

Beginne am Anfang

I looked Doris strolling from the kitchen.

"Hey there!"

"Hope you're good now?"

"Yeah! A lil better than yesterday"

"Good!" I replied.

She turned on the TV.

"I guess there would me something to make me feel better"

Doris was really indecisive. She kept on changing the channels until that one popped on the screen.

"Doris! freeze it"

"Isn't that Carol's picture?"

"Yeah, it is"

Jennie became ridiculous.

"What are they sayin'?"

I read out the news aloud.

"A TEEN GIRL FOUND TO BE DEAD NEAR OLIVE GREENS MANSION LAST NIGHT. WAS IT A HOMICIDE OR SUICIDE?"

"OFFICIALS IN CHARGE"

Doris freaked out.

"What the hell?"

"It's of course a murder!"

"It was that white lady!"

"Why don't they report it soon?"

I looked more like absurd at Jennie.

"You told her everything?"

"Didn't you?"

She nodded yes.

"I promise you that she won't let this out to anyone"

I sighed.

"Fine!"

"I gotta go now"

"See you later!"

As soon as I opened the door, I heard Jennie shouting.

"Don't forget to be at Carol's today by eve as we planned yesterday"

"We need to meet her parents"

"See ya!!"

"Kay! I'll be there" I replied and closed the door.

I started my way to home. I called a taxi nearby to reach mine.

I reached my house. I opened the door and locked it behind. The first thing I did was plugging my phone to the charger.

"Finally!"

I muttered. I took a deep shower as it was necessary after such a big journey.

Every droplet of the hot shower reminded me of Caroline.

"Damn!"

"How could I miss her?"

It made me more restless than soothing me down.

When I was spreading my body wash, something caught my attention.

"WHAT?"

"How did I have a cut?"

I realized that I got a cut up on my waist. The cut was smooth indeed. It showed up well on my pale skin. The cut was more like a scar.

"How'd this happen?"

I recalled if I had fallen somewhere or have, I dealt with something sharp the day before. I was goddam sure that I didn't have any cut on my waist before. This was new and strange.

"How did a scar pop, out of nowhere?"

Even if I had got a cut while I was on my way to the mansion, they'd not turn into a scar in less than 24 hours.

"OKAY!"

"There is nothing to worry about a scar which doesn't even pain"

"After all, it's just a cut"

I shook off my thoughts in the shower.

I finished the process. I wrapped me in a towel and came out in to the room.

I shoved me in a sweatshirt and some sweatpants. Then, I rested on my bed. Every now and then, my mind was only poppin' with the matters of yesterday.

"Am I a coward?"

I thought to myself as I was too nervous to enter the mansion. After all, that lady pushed my friend to death.

"Who is she?"

"Is that Grace Allen?"

"OFC! I guess that lady was Grace"

"Why did she push her down?"

"God!"

I was overthinkin' until the moment I thought my mind was about to burst. I wanted to leave my thoughts. I felt suffocating with no answers.

I decided to go out for a walk and have my lunch.

I got off my house and started walking to the McD nearby. I got what I want- A regular sized VEG. burger, pack of fries and a can of coke.

I had my seat by the roadside and started to fill my mouth. I was full. I poured the coke in my mouth and cleaned up myself. I started walking back to my house.

I had more than enough that I couldn't even barely walk. I went up straight to my bed laying on.

Soon, I fell asleep.