Difficult Life

(Adrien's POV)

After school was over, I was at Marinette's room learning the chart on the wall of the re-akumatized victims and the list of victims that received their magical charms. I crossed those that I gave previously.

"I never realized that being a guardian can be tiring, Tikki" I groaned at understanding how it feels.

"For Master Fu, it was tough too," Tikki said.

"Well, I'm sure it's tough for Marinette. If Shadow Moth found out her true identity, she would pass the guardianship to Alya or me" I winced at that thought because I'm scared, "But that would mean losing her memories and she won't remember me. I cannot lose my lady. She's the love of my life"

"Calm down, Adrien. I'm sure that will never happen. You're the cat and cats are very protective" Tikki said.

"You're right, I'm always protective of her. But I'm never territorial like a cat" I chuckled while going through the chart board.

Those who were akumatized and scarlet-akumatized haven't gotten their magical charm. My dad was akumatized once as Collector. It's been nearly a year that he hasn't been re-akumatized again. Lila has been re-akumatized twice but she had a new power as Chameleon. Kagami was akumatized 3 times as different villains. She obviously doesn't like liars the same way Ladybug doesn't like liars.

Lila is a bigger threat because she hates Ladybug. If only Marinette as Ladybug didn't get involved in this at the park. But it's now too late as we both have to deal with her. What I learned is that Ladybug made Lila her enemy and Lila will stop at nothing to get rid of my lady. Especially humiliating Marinette too. I told Marinette to stay out of it because exposing her will not do any good. We both know Lila is a liar and I accepted it because I would never forgive Lila for trying to frame her and nearly getting her akumatized. But someday she'll face her downfall.

"Well, Lila is a bigger threat but she hasn't done anything yet. As I get my body back, I'll make sure she doesn't fool me again with her lies. I'm done being naive" I said, looking away from the Volpina photo on the chart.

"What made you see her true colors?" Tikki asked.

"I always thought people without superpowers aren't a threat but I was wrong. I paid too much attention to akumatized villains being a bigger threat than normal people. Especially like Chloe being obnoxious as always, she's the reason she got victims akumatized because of her selfish behavior driving victims miserable" I explained as I looked at the photo of her with 4 stars, meaning she's been re-akumatized 4 times into different villains.

"Oh, I see. Well, she's unworthy of the bee miraculous." Tikki said.

"Well, I don't blame Ladybug for not letting her save her akumatized parents. It should've been Queen Bee, not Ryoku. Ladybug was too focused on responsibilities but she doesn't know how to protect Chloe what hurts the most. And look what Chloe became" I said, remembering what happened when Miracle Queen got the hold of the miracle box and Master Fu.

"I know that Marinette has a hard time protecting everything but there's a lot of risks to take in life. She didn't want you to know about being akumatized as Cat Blanc because she was beyond scared. She was very traumatized by what she saw in the alternative future" Tikki said with a fearful look as I held her in my hands.

"I noticed, Tikki. I didn't mean to make her tell me but I had to know. Keeping it to herself isn't going to make her feel better, it will traumatize her more" I caressed her by the finger.

"I know. She'll never abandon you." Tikki said.

"She and I are unstoppable as a team," I said.

While going through the list of re-akumatized victims, I climbed up the ladder of the loft bed since I'm so exhausted. How does Ladybug get the hang of being a guardian? I saw the photos of me and her friends on her left side. She really adores me.