T W E N T Y - T H R E E

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry," I said as I began wiping them. "I don't even know why I'm reacting like this," I said as I stood up from my seat.

"Stay down Paige," Mr. Damon placed his hand on my shoulder and he gently pushed me down back to my seat. I didn't even feel scared at all, I guess he really has full control of himself.

"Are you alright?" Luhan worriedly asked as he handed his handkerchief to me.

I immediately took it and I wiped off my tears. Damn, why am I even crying?! "May you please leave us for a while?" Mr. Damon said.

The boys all stood up. "Don't let it get to you," Chanyeol whispered before he headed towards the door as well.

"You're staying here Sehun," Mr. Damon said sternly.

Sehun stepped away from the door and took the nearest seat. The boys all gave me a reassuring look before they left. Once the door shut, I suddenly felt myself choking on my own tears. This is crazy, Sehun and his father probably think that I'm insane right now.

For a moment I think Sehun looked really worried for me but I was too busy trying to stop myself from crying.

Mr. Damon took a seat right beside me and he faced Sehun who was currently sitting at the other end of the table. "Get over here," It's the first time I've seen Mr. Damon getting this serious.

Sehun stood up and took the seat that was in front of mine. "Young man, what do you have to say for yourself?" Mr. Damon began.

Sehun looked at him in confusion. "What?" he asked. It was like they had a staring contest for a short while until Sehun decided to give in. "Fine, I'm sorry"

I shook my head as I wiped off the last of my tears. "No need to apologize. I don't even know why I'm crying in the first place." I said as I forced out a laugh.

"I think I said hurtful words," Sehun began. "It was really insensitive of me to say those words, especially to you." he added.

"It's nothing," I shook my head. Who am I kidding? I actually cried and now I'm just going to shrug the whole thing off?

"You should be more honest Paige. It's just me and Sehun, don't hesitate to say what you want to say." Mr. Damon said.

Should I? But opening up to them would only mean trusting them even more. Trusting them even more would just show how dependent I would be on them.

"But sir... can't you read my mind? Or your sons? Why ask more questions?" my voice cracked.

Mr. Damon chuckled as he shook his head. "I don't know why but your thoughts are blocked from me. Also, whenever our family would gather like this, I'd tell them to block their thoughts before coming. It would be boring if we could all read each others' minds, what's the use of talking if we already know what to tell each other?" he said.

I slowly nodded. So that's why he still kept asking questions.

"Uncle blocked her thoughts. Ever since the time they had their encounter, uncle's been the only one that could read her thoughts." Sehun said.

"I see," Mr. Damon nodded. "But we aren't done yet, Paige still needs to talk."

I looked at Sehun one more time before taking a deep breath to muster up my courage to talk. I guess being honest to them wouldn't hurt. Heck I should have been numb to all kinds of hurt by now.

"It stings," I said. "When he said those words... it just hurt badly and I don't know why," I said.

I said a look of relief on Mr. Damon's face while Sehun just looked guiltier. "I didn't mean it that way, Paige. I just thought... you'd feel the same. Just thinking about everything I've done to you... it's driving me insane. I'm drowning with guilt. The least I could do is to keep myself away from you."