~Chapter 17~

Prince Nicholas POV~~~ (yay!)

My eyes widen as Alexia collapses onto the ground. I rush up to her and turn her over. "Alexia?" I  ask. Thomas and Anthony run to her sides and Anthony looks at her with worry. He shakes her shoulder gently, but when he gets no response he starts shaking her frantically. 

"No no no." he murmurs. I put to of my fingers to the side of her neck. When I feel a pulse I feel somewhat relieved. "She's still breathing." I say. I pull my hand back and I see a bit f unusual colouring on her arm. I slowly turn it carefully to make sure I don't hurt her. 

A big bruise is already on her forearm. "She must have gotten that when she fell." Thomas says as he looks at the blue-green colours on her. 

"We should take her back to the palace and let the healers treat her." I suggest. Thomas nods and I look at Anthony. His hands and lip are trembling and the worry is evident in his eyes. "Its okay. She's going to be fine." He nods and stands up. 

I wonder what thought were playing through his heads. He probably thought he was going to lose the last of his family. 

"Who should carry her?" Thomas asks. 

"I will." I answer. I put my right arm under her knees and my other under her back. We start walking and when we reach the maze we all stop. "How do we get back?" Thomas asks. 

"Maybe we should try to go through it." Anthony says. Thomas looks at him in surprise. "We could get lost easily and Alexia will just get worse." I look down at her pale face. I wish her eyes would open and she would be okay. 

"How about I try to go through and get George. I have heard that he knows the way as well." I nod and remember the blacksmith's son. He is about our age. 

"The blacksmith?" Thomas asks. So he's the blacksmith now. 

"Yes the blacksmith, Alexia made an unusual friendship with him. So, should I go or not?" 

I nod and Thomas reluctantly does so as well. 

"I'll be back soon. Hopefully." He mutters the last part then runs into the maze of hedges. I lay Alexia on the ground carefully and hear a metallic noise. 

I then realise the blood dripping through the cloth of her pants. 

"Thomas. Look." I point to her left leg and his eyes widen. He kneels down as well and carefully pulls up her pant leg. 

"How did it cut?" He asks. I look around, her sword, its not here. "Wait here." I go back to the clearing and look around where she collapsed. 

I see the glint of metal and when I get closer I notice the blood painted onto the blade. 

I pick up the sword. Its an ancient. I look at the letters. Icicle. I have heard of this sword. 

The sharpest and most dangerous weapon a swordsman can have. The metal never rusts, blunts or weakens. It can cut even by the slightest of touches. 

I walk back to Thomas and Alexia, there's something strange about the way he's looking  at her. 

"Her sword, its called icicle." I put the sword down on the ground carefully then sit against a tree. "You mean its the icicle?" I nod. "I would love to have a sword as legendary as that." He says as he looks at the sword in awe.

"It would be helpful in battle, but it is sharp enough to cut you even by sliding your finger acroos it." Thomas looks at his forefinger. "I know that all too well." I guess he must've gotten cut by it like that.

"Why did you and Anthony suddenly decide to talk to me?" He looks at me. "Because we figured that if Alexia thinks you're okay, we should too. She always has the best judgement." I nod. "Are you sure you would think everyone she accepts you should accept too?" He nods. "How about that boy she was training, Shane?" His eyes narrow slightly and he glares at the grass. "That's one exception." I chuckle and my eyes flick over to Alexia's body. 

I hear footsteps and see Anthony followed by the blacksmith. I look at George. He's definetely grown. 

"What happened to her?"He asks as he kneels next to her. He checks for a pulse then looks at the blood on her leg. "After she talked to her friend she suddenly froze then after a minute she collapsed." Anthony says. "Who Shane?" He asks. "No I think it was his sister." I reply. 

He nods. "What was she saying to her?" 

"I think it was about how she doesn't trust people in the woods any_ that's why. She remembered King Neil." Thomas says. "She must've been in real shock if she fainted. She must've thought of her mother or father." George sighs and lifts her up effortlessly. 

"Let's go back to the medical experts." He walks into the maze and I pick up Icicle before following as well. 

(A.N): Guess What?

What?

The Runaway Princess has reached number 238 in fantasy!!! Its back on the charty thingy idk what its called. 

Maybe it can go back to its former glory. It used to be #156 or something like that.

But thanks anway guys!

Saw a bit of Georgie in this chapter.