Lost Entry #2 (Canada)

I overheard Papa talking with Arthur overnight about the little outburst that broke two days ago. Both of them didn't want to talk further about it, but it had to be so. For the better of all of us. I'm surprised no one was awoken by how high their voices rose and I admit it was frightening to hear the whole thing, counting the times they've spat at each other and/or cussed.

Yet, here's what the argument conclude, and I quote:

Australian troops had begun advancing to Amiens, so do not worry about them for the time being. Francis would get off his lazy, sugar ash-coated arse and help with Alfred's divisions and we'll all march directly to Paris, the rendezvous point. What if we're tired? There's no option for being tired, if you're tired, then you might as well cut off your legs and shoot yourself in the head because it would hurt less than having to deteriorate slowly inside. Not because of the pain in your feet, but because of the ultimately poor reason.

        I'd appreciate if Arthur were a bit nicer to Papa, after all, we are in France, not Britain. This is Papa's life at stake, not his. Yet, under circumstances such as this, the amount of peer pressure only makes everything worse. That I can understand.

        Poor Papa, having to be forced from his slow recovery to save his capital. I know deep inside that he wouldn't let something as pathetic as sitting down to watch Parisians set ablaze from the shells being dropped, eventually joining them on the black terrain all because he just couldn't get up, slip away. I know that deep down, his morale hasn't faltered, and it shan't.

        He's a strong person overall, it's only life-or-death situations like these that really cripple his morale. Morale is an important element to win or last in a war.

        If only we could find a way to crush the Central Power's morale. A way to crush Germany's morale so he could retreat. I'd like to see the day where they flee in fear, stepping over each other in hopes of making it out alive.

        As sympathetic as I should be at this point, I don't want them to. Not one.

Your friend, Matthew