The Three of Us (America)

3 August, 1918

      Almost about eight months had passed, the three of them woke up. You would expect them to be dead like normal, or if more sympathetic, enveloped in an eternal coma considering the condition they were in. That wasn't the case, and I'm astonished even now from their awakening.

        Arthur was the first to wake up. At first he was fumbling on his cot, most likely believing to be in a place he'd last want to end up in. Observing the few eyes looking down at him, he shifted his gaze to look at Francis and Matthew resting next to him; sprinting to the corner of the tent he demanded to know who we were and where he was. Ten minutes of interrogation finally made Arthur realize he was in my camp.

        Matthew was the second to wake up two weeks later. I wasn't there when he woke up, a pang of hesitation kept me back. It didn't last long, Arthur called me over and the three of us talked about what happened the whole duration of being unconscious. 

"Honestly, the three of you had no chance of surviving with the amount of fatal injuries. How is it possible you are alive now?"

        At last, Francis was the last to wake up a month and a half later. He needed a little assistance getting up, unlike the other two who had no problem getting up on their own. He told us of a pain in his heart, and instantly Arthur waved us aside and insisted that he lay back down.

"The heart is the last place you'd want to feel any signs of pain, even only slightly. When this happens, you better pray to God that someone or yourself, if capable, drives straight to your capital and solves whatever issue is taking on. Time is limited, so you really don't have any other options. Settle it or drop dead."

        The three of us met in my tent to analyze our plan to reach Paris as fast as possible. Arthur leading a squadron of aircraft, Matthew lead a brigade on forced march, and I do the same parallel to Matthew. Francis, however, didn't like the plan. He wanted us all to rest as much as possible before being sent out again.

"So you just want to let your capital crumble under layers upon layers of debris? There are million scrambling for shelter from the many shells being dropped onto the streets. Actual people are dying right now, and you just want us to stay situated here? Are you out of your bloody mind? Think common sense for once Francis! All of your pride and will to live rests in Paris, and you're letting the German aeroplanes obliterate it whilst you do absolutely nothing. I expected better from you."

        He didn't say anything after, in fact, not one of us did. 

        Where are the others?

        It can't be only the three of us.

        Your keeper, Alfred