Chapter Thirty Four - The Trade

Start from the beginning

Once we get Zayn, somewhat, better we catch another plane. This time we are Paris bound. Dylan says the best way to keep Harry off our tracks is to not stay in the same place for more than a week. I know it sounds mad, flying every week to a new destination, but right now- until nine moths- it's all we can do. I shove my small bag into the above compartment and take my seat next to Louis, Zayn and Perrie are sitting in front if us, while Dylan and Joe sit behind us. The plane is just about ready to take off when I get a pain in my stomach. Fear floods through my brain and I grab Louis' arm, getting his attention "you ok?" I shake my head no and he nudges Perrie's seat "what!" She hisses, then her expression softens when she sees me "Anna what? What's wrong" she moves Louis so she can get to me and bends down "m-my stomach got a sharp pain" she places her hand on it and leaves it there "did you just feel it, the pain?" I nod and she smiles "well, get use to it mama. It was a kick, looks like this little one is going to be feisty" I smile and laugh, shaking my head I rub my belly and say "be easy on mum please" Louis laughs and takes his seat back. Zayn said I would get attached when it's born... I'm already attached, I love this little thing growing inside of me more than anything. I feel the back of my seat being kicked and I turn to see Dylan smiling "congratulations Anna" "thank you" When I turn back around I let out a breath, I was so stressed out about him finding out, now I don't have to be it's out in the open. Everyone knows, at least the people I'm with now are happy for me. I yawn and rest my head on Louis' shoulder, making him chuckle "comfy?" He asks, I nod and close my eyes.

The plane lands and I reluctantly open my eyes. A flight attendant brings over Zayn's wheelchair and helps Perrie get him situated. He said he could walk 'just fine' but Perrie wasn't having it and to be honest neither was I, he needs to rest while he has the chance to. We grabbed our things and made our way to a car "how does he get all of these cars?" I whisper to Louis "dunno I guess he just-" "I have my ways mrs. Harrington, nothing you need to worry about and nothing Harry can track us to" Dylan smiles at me reassuringly and walks ahead. Mrs. Harrington... well I like that a lot better than Payne or Styles. At least I can pretend me and Ezra got Married, that's not weird right? I take a deep breath and Louis open the car door for me. "Handicaps all the way in the back" Dylan orders. I'm not handicapped, at the moment... not fair. I help Zayn get into the very back of the van and then I get myself situated, Perrie and Louis are sitting in the middle, and of coarse Dylan is up front with Joe. It's ok though, I haven't really spent any time with Zayn since he's been back "hi" I say and he laughs "hey Annie, how've you been?" "Ok" he raises an eyebrow "really... your ok? So you've decided what your going to do then" yes, but I'm not telling you "I'm going to do what doesn't get me locked up by you" I smirk and he shakes his head "so, boy or girl?" "I don't know yet, I would like it to be a boy" he looks shocked "a boy, I thought for sure you'd want a girl" "being a girl isn't easy, especially with the life I'd be bringing her into" Zayn sighs and holds my hand "don't think like that Anna" "how am I not suppose to think like that, at least if the baby is a boy he will eventually be able to defend himself. If a girl tries to defend herself the beatings just get worse... you know I'm right, you were there" of coarse I tried to defend myself and fight back when Harry started hitting me, but like he said he broke me and I've never tried to fight him off again. I just learned to shut up and take it until he's done or I pass out.

The flat in Paris is beautiful! It has so much character, old white exterior that has weathered, beautiful iron work on the front door, and gorgeous windows. Why have I never been here before?! I'm going to like this I can already tell. We all walk inside and Dylan gives us a tour of the flat, three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a small kitchen, and a living room "it's cute!" I say to Perrie and she agrees "but only three bedrooms? Who's going to sleep with who?" I smile at her and say "well you've already slepted with Zayn so..." She smacks my arm and her face turns a shade of deep red. I laugh "I don't mind sharing with Louis, he's like a girl anyway" "HEARD THAT!!" He screams from upstairs "YOU WERE MEANT TO!" I scream back and hear him laugh. "Thanks Anna" she gives me a hug "your welcome... I can tell he really likes you"

It's not long before I start to feel tired, exhausted more like it, and my entire body has been in massive pain since we left for London. I don't want to tell anyone though, I'm tired of being seen as frail and broken. I'm tired of letting Harry and Liam consume my life even when I'm not with them. These last couple of hours have been relatively peaceful, Harry doesn't know where I am, neither does Liam, I'm with people that don't want to kill me, and I have some alone time to think about the 'trade' Harry wants to do. I know Ezra wouldn't want me to give our baby to a monster and I don't either, but I also know that I love him and I don't want him to suffer a horrific death. If I give Harry my baby I'd also give him myself, Ezra would be free and I would be with our baby, making sure he or she will be safe. Harry would take his anger out on me instead of everyone I love and this time I'll stay with him. Forever... or until he kills me, which ever comes first.

A/N

Hi everyone just a little note about Zayn :( it's been an amazing 5 years and it's extremely sad and heartbreaking to witness the first of the boys to leave one direction. I kept telling myself that this would never happen but it has, it's really bittersweet because I'm happy that he will start trying to have a normal life like he wants and I know the boys support him and his decision to find happiness again, but it's also going to be sad not hearing him sing anymore, not having him in their next album, videos, or tv specials... But he will always be the Zayn Malik we have all grown to love and just because he's not in one direction anymore doesn't mean we won't see him. No one really stops being famous especially when you've touched and loved your fans like he has. When someone says one direction his name will always be mentioned and remembered.

We love you Zayn, I hope you find your happy ending ❤️