Chapter Thirty Seven - New Beginings

Anna's POV

"Anna"

The door fully opens, but I already knew who was at the door saying my name. "Ezra" he comes into the room, his eyes blood shot and his face pale "what's wrong? What happened?" I ask him urgently as he stumbles across the room towards me "I'm getting you and our baby out of here" he replies, grabbing my hand and hoisting my body up "Ezra, hold on-" "no c'mon we need to go" I struggle against his grip "Ezra we need to talk first" he grips my arm and pulls me towards him "we need to go" what the hell is wrong with him!? He's never acted like this before, he's always listened to me. I just need to come out with it, that'll get him to listen "the baby isn't yours" he stops in his tracks, making me stumble into him. His face turns to look at me "what?" He growls "s-she's Harry's" Ezra's face gets red and he let's go of my arm. He stalks down the hall and punches the wall "FUCK!!" He screams, making me flinch. I knew he'd be upset but I didn't think he'd be 'punch a wall' upset. He comes over and slams me up against the wall "after everything we've been through!?" Ezra screams at me "Like I had a choice!" I scream back "because I totally wanted him to r.ape me night after night and it didn't hurt and I don't feel disgusted every time I look in the mirror!" When I'm done he let's go of me and I fall to the floor. "Why did you fall? I wasn't holding you too tight" I look up at him and let out a breath "I'm still week from the epidural... and pushing a human being out of my body!" Ezra runs a hand through his hair and picks me up. When we get back to my room he lays me down on the bed and pulls up a chair to sit. "why did you stop calling me? I've been going insane" "I'm sorry, Harry wouldn't let me anymore" he nods and chuckles "I should have known, you loose em how you get em" I furrow my eyebrows and ask "what's that suppose to mean?" "You, your all happy with Harry now that I've been out of the picture, just like you were happy with me when he was out of the picture" "HAPPY!?" I sit up "are you fucking insane? It's been a living hell for me, he locked me in a basement, I didn't see daylight for five months!" He rolls his eyes "don't do that, make me feel sorry for you, when all you've done is play me and Harry" after Ezra said that I got up and opened the door "I think you should leave before you completely ruin our relationship" he shakes his head in disbelief and walks out, but not before he says "fine, you already have" as soon as the door shuts I start to cry. Why is he acting like this, obviously something's wrong with him, his eyes were bloodshot and he was jumpy as hell. I swear if he's drinking again... I take a deep breath trying to calm myself down before I pass out. I can't believe I made him leave. I open the door to go and find him it he's already standing in front of me "I'm sorry" he mumbles into my hair as he hugs me. I wrap my arms around his neck and breathe him in, he has definitely been drinking "please stop" he pulls away "stop hugging you?" "No stop drinking, you know what it does to you. I love you and that'll never change or stop, but when you sober up the three of us need to sit down and have a civilized conversation" he nods and says "I know, I just don't want to hear you say it" "say what?" He takes my hands and gently swings them side to side "that you'll stay with Harry and the baby, because I know you will and I-I just can't take it" I shake my head "the baby is dying, she's two months premature, her lungs aren't fully developed and neither is her brain" "I figured something was wrong for Harry to leave you unattended... Anna I'm so sorry" I sniffle a cry and wipe the wetness off of my cheeks "yeah, me too" he bends down and kisses me, immediately taking away the sadness, even if it only lasts for a moment.

Now that Ezra's here I have a really bad feeling about Harry taking so long, it's clear he isn't still smoking. I just hope nothing's wrong with the baby. My heart monitor starts to beep and Ezra cocks an eyebrow "he's fine Anna, so is the baby, I wanted to talk to you before I did anything too serious to him" he takes out his cell phone and tells whoever it is to bring Harry in. I was expecting Harry to walk in... but he didn't, he was thrown in. His hands tied behind his back and his face dripping with blood. "It doesn't feel good to be beat repeatedly does it!?" Zayn sends a kick to Harry's stomach, making him gasp for air. Ezra gets up and walks over to me, taking my hands and helping me stand. "what do you want us to do to him" he whispers in my ear, sending an unexpected chill up my spine. He walks me closer to Harry and takes out his lighter, handing it to Zayn "I remember one night Anna was screaming, pleading for you to stop, I opened your bedroom door a crack and saw you burning her with a lighter" Zayn says, pulling Harry's head up so that his neck is completely exposed. Ezra sits in the chair and puts me on his lap "this is payback for that night and every other night Anna was screaming for help" when the flame touches Harry's neck I turn my head and close my eyes, his scream ringing in my ears and the memory of that night haunting the darkness behind my eyelids. "Doesn't feel good does it!" Ezra yells, he slides me off his lap and stands up "my turn" he says to Zayn. I'm frozen in my seat, I can't move or speak, I want to tell them to stop, but I can't. I know this is suppose to make me feel like I finally got revenge but I never wanted revenge on Harry, I wouldn't wish this kind of pain on anyone. "the night you found Anna, you brought me back to that flat and threw her on the floor in front of me, you picked her up by her hair and snapped her jaw" he grabs Harry's face in his hands and bends down "remember I said 'DONT YOU FUCKING TOUCH HER STYLES I SWEAR TO GOD I'LL-' and then you mocked me and snapped her jaw anyway? Well this is going to be the consequence of that" in one swift movement Harry's jaw is snapped and Ezra pushes him to the floor. I look down to see Harry choking in pain, blood pouring from his mouth, and think - that's how I looked when he snapped my jaw, that's how I looked when he burnt me with the lighter. Ezra kicks Harry in the stomach and my voice finally let's me speak "stop!" I stand up and grab Ezra's arm "please stop, this isn't right" I beg him, but in the end I'm not strong enough to stop him. Ezra's foot comes down one more time and Harry's ribs crack, the only sound coming out of Harry's mouth is a muffled scream "s-stop" I cry "no, he's getting what he deserves" I shake my head "no one deserves this-" "HE THINKS YOU DO! You see how he looks? He's done things a hundred times worse to you, Anna he almost ripped out your spine and he kept going! How could you want this to stop" "because I know what it feels like, I've been in the same spot Harry's in now and by doing this we're no better than him" Zayn puts down the knife he's holding. When did he get a knife? Ok... I look back to Ezra who is staring at me "I thought you'd be relieved by this, but you want us to stop?" I nod "that's unbelievable! After everything he's done to you, to us, and your taking up for him" he runs a hand through his hair and starts to leave "maybe this was a mistake, maybe you two are perfect for each other... call me when you realize Harry is still the same person he's always been, until then don't." He slams the door shut after that, leaving me shocked, confused, and broken.