Chapter Eleven - Choose

(Anna's POV)

He was wrong when he said I slept fine without him, for three years the memory of Harry haunted my dreams and my life. I was never at peace, my heart would race every time I would go out, fearing that I would run into him. That he found me. At night was no different I would wake up screaming or crying... Or both. Sometimes I would stay up all night because I didn't want to dream of Harry, good or bad. I would just lie in bed and stare out the window until the sun rose. Harry doesn't know that, doesn't know that he tormented me even though he was an ocean away... And he never will. I can't give him the satisfaction of knowing what he did to me stuck, that that little nagging voice inside of my head called paranoia was screaming his name constantly.

At first I thought I was going insane, I mean I got away from him and I was still letting him ruin me. He was still hurting me without touching me... And that's what scared me the most. Because Harry can still do that, he has always had complete control over me and I know that will never change. No matter how hard I try. Someone knocks on the bedroom door and Harry strolls out of the closet, in sweatpants, to open it "Finally! Holly shit" I hear Liam laughing. No oh God please don't let him come in here "Ezra's stronger than I thought mate" Harry laughs and moves away from the door "yeah so is Louis, he fucked your sister up" he turns around and points at me. The next thing I know Liam is on the bed in front of me smirking.

Liam goes to touch my face but I flinch out of the way "oh now c'mon" he says grabbing my face anyway "don't be disrespectful to your big brother" "You're not my brother!" I spit in his face. I hear Harry laughing from the bathroom "listen you little bitch-" "Liam out" Harry grabs Liam by the arm and the grip he had and on my face loosens. "Harry-" "I SAID OUT!" Harry pulls Liam off of the bed by his shirt and throws him out of the room. He shakes his head and comes back to bed "your fucking brother I tell you" I don't say anything just lay back down and try to block out what just happened. Did I actually talk back to him? I didn't right? Harry starts to chuckle "what?" I ask he shakes his head "nothing you, you got all feisty and talked back... I liked it"

(Harry's POV)

A loud noise coming from the living room interrupted me and Anna, the one time she was actually listening to me and something has to be going on. I get out of bed and rush to the living room, to find a bloody Ezra lying on the floor and Liam standing over top of him "feel better now?" I say, announcing my presence "no, I'll feel better once I put a bullet in his chest and watch him choke on his own blood" Louis laughs and says "a little morbid don't ya think mate" "shut up Louis" I walk over to Ezra and grab his unconscious body, drag him to Liam's room, and put him on the bed "get out Liam" he looks at me shocked "I said GET OUT!" "What are you doing Harry? What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I slam the door in his face and go back to bed.

Just because he's Anna's brother doesn't give him the right to think he can do whatever he wants. We are all in this gang and what I say fucking goes. He is not going to be the one to kill Ezra and he is not going to be the one that decides when to do it. I'm leader of Direction and he needs to respect me. "Your brother is a piece of shit you know that" "yeah... I know" a tear falls from her eye and I can tell that she is still traumatized by what he almost did to her "shshsh, I got you" I lay down on the bed beside her and pull her close "I'm not going to let him do anything like that to you ok?" she nods her head and, surprisingly, lays it on my chest "you let Louis..." she whispers and I sigh "Louis is different, he's not your brother and he is my best mate... therefore if he wants something from you I am more than happy to oblige" I smile at her and feel her shudder "and that's why you shouldn't piss me off anymore." I thought she fell asleep, she would always fall asleep minutes after I held her in the past. But she didn't and she whispers an "ok"

After she said that I guess I made a noise because she started giggling. I never thought she would agree to being my little puppet again. Some people surprise you... Anna shocks me. "Did you actually just say ok?" I roll us over so that I'm on top of her "did the word ok actually leave your mouth just now?" she nods her head 'yes' and smiles, it's a small smile but I'll take it. "Harry!" "OH MY GOD!" I turn around to see Liam and I feel my face turn red "LIAM-" he cuts me off "HE'S ALIVE!" I furrow my eyebrows, admittedly confused "who's alive?" he doesn't say anything but he points to Anna.

(Anna's POV)

"Who's alive?" I knew as soon as Liam said he's alive he meant Ben, I could just tell. my heart started to race and I couldn't contain the tears that were falling from my eyes, not sad tears but tears of relief. "BEN!?" Liam nods his head and Harry gets off of me. Both of them leave and I'm still trying to process what is happening, how is he still alive? I saw him get shot. the door flys open and Harry is dragging Ezra who is bloody and unconscious "choose Anna" "w-what?" "who do you want to live? Ezra or Ben, because one of them is dying tonight" "Harry p-please" he throws Ezra on the floor and walks over to me. He picks me up and throws me on the floor next to him "CHOOSE!!" how can I choose the man I want to die when I love them both. I've already watched Ben die... I can't watch Ezra die too. "NOW ANNA!" A tear falls from my eye "I-I..."