10.

Chapter 10

Zac

I've never been happier in my entire life. It felt like I got the best award when Ryan called me his dad. I was afraid he might not really accept me but contrary to that, he quickly felt home at mine.

This past month with my son has been great. Each day, I look forward to the end of the day so I can go home to spend time with my son. Weekends are the best times..he's always excited to do something interesting with me. Last weekend , we went to see a football match and he was so excited. He told me he wanted to play football some day..and it just brought a smile to my face. He's really good at it and if he decides to really go for it, I'm sure he'll excel in it. I love how he always wants to tell me all he's been to..and how, he's a lot like me especially.

I have always wondered what the joy of being a father feels like and why Xander's eyes will literally brighten at the mention of his kid and now, I understand and am currently experiencing the feeling. Having a son who wants to spend time with me, who I can give all the attention I wanted as a kid, is so great. Sometimes, It's like I'm a child again.

It's still crazy and I have to give myself a mental pinch that all this is true- That I have a kid. My boy - Ryan. Ryan Peterson.

Legally, he is mine as well. I got his records from his former school and I got to know that my name had been registered as his father on every necessary record all along even on his health forms too.

Atleast, Claire did that one thing which made things easier. -Claire.

As much as a part of me hates her for keeping Ryan a secret from me, the fact that I owe all this happiness to her is not ignorable but it doesn't mean I forgive her however, for Ryan's sake... I'll tolerate her lying face all my life if I have to.

Claire

"C'mon, Ryan. Don't be stubborn now. You have to go to school." I tried pulling the covers off him but he stubbornly pulled it back.

"Ryan, I'm starting to get upset. Get up now or you leave me with no option." I folded my arms dramatically. He still didn't budge so I decided to drag him out of bed but a hand on mine stopped me.

"Let me. I have an idea." He half whispered but all my attention was on his hand that was holding on to mine. When he realised this, he pulled away quickly and looked down.

Awkward.

"Watch me." He half whispers to me as he gestured for me to follow his lead.

"Hmm... it seems that Ryan is still sleeping, isn't he?" He replied, slightly raising his voice than usual.

At first, I didn't get it but then... I remember doing the same to Nichole.

"Yea, Zac. He's refused to go to school."

"Aww.. that's so sad. I got us bowling tickets but since he's decided to not go to school, I'll just tear them up."

He intentionally raised his voice and moved closer to Ryan to say this.

"Yea... that's it. Anyone who doesn't want to go to school shouldn't get the tickets. I guess you and Jayceon should just go there." I replied.

"Yes, Jayceon is such a fun kid anyway. I'm sure we'll have lots of fun. Then, we'll go have Ryan's favorite icecream as well.

"I'll also come with, daddy." Ryan muttered, still under the sheets.

With a hint of smile, Zac said, "I didn't hear anything, Claire. Did you?"

"No."

"Oh ok.... I'll go get ready for work and then go BOWLING later." He said, emphasizing bowling, then moved to the door slowly..

"Wait, daddy." Ryan literally jumped out of bed.

"I'll also come to bowl with you later." I tried to hide my smile.

"No, Ryan. Only good kids that go to school can come but since you're not going to school, then I..."

"When did I say I won't go to school? Of course I want to go to school. I love school so much and it's so cool too."

"Good." He ruffled his hair gently.

"But daddy, if I go to school, we'll go to bowl with Jay later, right?"

"Absolutely."

"Promise?" He stretched his hand out.

"Promise." Zac replied with a smile and took his hands.

Ryan literally flew to the bathroom afterwards.

"Thank you." I said softly.

He just nodded his hand and left the room.