𝐗𝐕. CHUPACABRA

Start from the beginning

Everyone was up and now preparing for the long day ahead of them.

Rick, accompanied by Shane, walked up to the young teen as the ex—sheriff spoke up, "Morning, Taylor. We've been lookin' for you.".

"Oh, sorry. I was cleaning up inside; I was filthy." She apologized.

"Ready to get goin'?" The ex—officer asked her, causing the young teen to bite the inside of her cheek.

"Um...yeah.".

Taylor then followed Rick and Shane over to Carol's RV where Andrea and T—Dog were over by Carol's Cherokee.

       The ex—sheriff spoke up, "Morning, guys. Let's get going. We've got a lot of ground to cover.".

Daryl came over with a new flannel in his hand and his crossbow in the other, still wearing the same filthy tank top.

Taylor cocked a brow, "You do realize Carol and Lori are doing laundry today, right?".

      The redneck nodded, "Yeah. They don' need te be washed, though.".

       The young teen shrugged, "If you say so.".

     Laying the county map down on the hood of the car, Rick sat two branches over it as he said, "All right, everyone's getting new search grids today. If she made it as far as the farmhouse Daryl and Taylor found, she might have gone further east than we've been so far.".

     "I'd like to help." Jimmy said as he walked over, everyone turning their attention to him as Daryl sat down his crossbow and slipped into his flannel, "I know the area pretty well and stuff.".

"Hershel's okay with this?" The ex—sherrif asked him.

"Yeah. Yeah. He said I should ask you." The teen replied.

Rick nodded, "All right then. Thanks.".

"Nothing about what Daryl and Taylor found screams Sophia to me." Shane spoke up from the open passenger side of Carol's Cherokee, "Anyone could have been holed up in that farmhouse.".

"Anybody includes her, right?" Andrea pointed out.

"Whoever slept in that cupboard was no bigger than yay—high." Daryl said, placing his hand onto Taylor's head as she puffed her cheeks and folded her arms out of embarrassment.

"Hey, I'm not that short." The young teen protested.

"Really? 'Cause I jus' checked." The redneck remarked.

"It's a good lead." Andrea agreed.

"Maybe we'll pick up her trail again." Rick suggested.

"No maybe 'bout it. Me an' Taylor are gonna borrow a horse, head up to 'his ridge right here, take a bird's-eye view o' course the whole grid. If she's up there, we'll spot her." The Dixon explained, pointing to the map as Dale and Ryan walked up with the bag of guns.

The young Greene boy gave Taylor a small, kind smile followed by the tip of his hat as
T—Dog said to the young teen girl, "Good idea. Maybe you and your old man'll see his Chupacabra up there too.".