ch.30

dejavu.

now playing | woman to woman

↠ⁿᵉˣᵗ ˢᵒⁿᵍ ↺ ʳᵉᵖᵉᵃᵗ ⊜ ᵖᵃᵘˢᵉ

status: very unedited

"Girl, why would your ex's new girl ask to talk to you?" Sooyun gossiped hotly, her hands firmly placed atop the cafe table, as she leant over half of the wood to emphasize her interest in the subject. It wasn't every day that something interesting would happen, and when it did happen, Sooyun was always first with popcorn and in the front row.

Especially when it came to her best friend.

It felt like ages since they've last spoken, so the woman was naturally very invested, despite the situation not involving her at all.

"I don't know, I'm just showing up!" Aeri shrugged, it's been a couple of days since she's seen anyone, having taken a few days to recollect her composure and pride in the wallowing of chocolate ice cream, and self-isolation.

It was only yesterday had she spoken to someone besides her reflection.

She had met up with Donghyuck and Jeno, where they quickly found themselves engrossed in the subject of Park Jisung and their recent intervention.

Aeri's heart absolutely broke into pieces. She thought she felt for the man just a few months ago at the revelation of what Suyin and Haneul did, but having it still affect him— just ripped her whole soul apart.

Aeri felt dumb.

How could she have ignored such a large, hint that was right in her face? And ignored the fact that healing didn't work wonders and happened in under a month. Even though she was back on her feet and joking about, she still mourned and grieved her father's tragic death. She was in no state okay, so how could she have expected Jisung to get over something so easily?

Since yesterday, a heavy feeling of guilt and pure resentment towards herself had settled uncomfortably at the pit of her stomach.

It was the type of guilt that filled her belly, and took away her appetite. The type of guilt that had her reaching out to her phone multiple times of the day to perhaps reach out to the male that had fallen victim to a horrible event, but retracting her arm in doubts of being able to offer any comfort.

He was probably still overwhelmed by everything.

Apparently, from what Jeno and Donghyuck had said, the raven haired male was still hosting and attending practices— his voice was stable and his finger plucked the right strings, however it never seemed like it was him playing or singing.