ch.22

dejavu.

now playing | stages

↠ⁿᵉˣᵗ ˢᵒⁿᵍ ↺ ʳᵉᵖᵉᵃᵗ ⊜ ᵖᵃᵘˢᵉ

status: very unedited

It was a late thursday morning, and with a full toothy grin plastered on her bright features, Aeri raced out of her EDU102 lecture. Her feet skidded across the pavement as she took a sudden halt at her car, before jumping in and immediately venturing off to the meeting place, her and Jisung agreed to eat a late breakfast at.

It's been such a while since the last time Aeri Han felt excited about something.

Grief had taken such a mental and physical toll on her that it was only a month later where she could finally crack a joke and smile widely without being drowned out by the ache in her chest.

It was very prominent in the beginning, but it had eventually dulled to a silence, where only occasionally it'd pay a visit and make her heart skip a beat. But nonetheless, the journey to smiling without crying over the slightest hum that sounded like her father's favorite tune, or a hand gesture that reminded Aeri the last thing she spoke to him, was very difficult.

Stage 3 Anger

"Aeri, you don't have to do this!" Jisung yelled, racing after the girl as she ran up her home's stairs, before slamming her bedroom door shut— right in the male's face. They had just gotten home from the train station, and her once heart wrenching sobs quieted into a silent anger.

Something switched in her, the moment she saw her home, and her sadness had entirely faded into a deep shade of red.

"Aeri—"

"No! Jisung, Leave! I don't want you anywhere near me!" She screamed, her throat ripping and tearing in half, and despite the desperate call in her voice, he refused to leave her.

Hopelessly, he turned his back to the wood door and began to slide down it, until he sat down, leant against it.

He didn't know much time had passed when he woke up, seemingly having dozed off from waiting for the door to unlock, but the only thing bright in his vision was the hallway light. It illuminated the corridor of the second floor brightly, however not as bright to conceal the darkness that reached further past the window at the end of the hall.

He tiredly glanced to the sheer material, looking past towards the moon that shone brightly.

He could feel an exhausted smile tug at the left corner of his lips, but before he could, his back had suddenly met the floor.