↠ C . 63

2 days went by

2 days went by. They didn't treat her harshly. They did give her food. Taeyeon genuinely thought that they would starve her. I mean she got kidnapped but they need the girl healthy and well enough so she could be sold for enough grand at least.

It was a new morning. Not that she could tell I mean, there was no source of natural light. She felt gross, sweaty and filthy. A slight pang of hurt was piercing her heart that none of the nct members came to her rescue but she didn't blame them. She knew that if they could they would've saved her.

A boy around his 20's walked in with her breakfast. "Here eat!" He placed the food on the floor in front of her. .

He made his way to leave but before he shut the door he faced her. "I'll take that tray back at lunch and also ..." a smirk formed across his lips. "You're being sold today" he informed and with that said he yanked at the heavy door with a vibrating thud

It was the day. She has to leave. She already memorised their schedule off by heart after observing them for the past 2 days. They only visit during meal times. There were less than 10 members along with the leader from what she noticed. Not fully certain by the exact figures.

For the past few days she slowly has been scraping her ropes on the brick walls withering the material. Whenever anyone came she brought her knees to her chest hiding any area of the ropes which looked torn out.

She has half the day to escape. Probably after lunch is when they will take her away. Seeing that her ropes were practically worn out she wasn't too worried. Taeyeon already planned an escape route. In the corner of the room there was an air vent, small enough for her to fit in. She was waiting for the right time to leave.

Without a minute to lose, she scraped the remaining ropes on the brick wall. Her sore reddening wristed burned but she couldn't care less. Holding in her pain, teeth marks dug into her bottom lip.

15 minutes went by. A thin string was all there was to break free from. Balling her fists she pulled her hands away from each other cutting the last section apart.

Tired and exhausted, the girl fell on her back catching her breath back, her chest raised up and down, sweat trickled down her forehead.

No time to lose

Abruptly sitting back up she untied the ropes on her ankles with her now free hands. Numbness trailed across her limbs. She couldn't feel them nor had energy. Sitting in the same position for 2 days really affected her a lot.

Even though she barely had much energy to aid her, she pulled her feet up together. Stumbling back and forth like a newborn. Hurriedly she grabbed the 2 pieces of cheese toastie and stuffed it in her mouth while limping her way to the air vent.

Not giving any breaks between each bite she choked on her saliva, hitting her chest to regain her breath. Not a lot of time was wasted, she had more than enough to escape but it's just the chance of being able to leave without a sight of her being spotted.

Using her weak roughed up hands, Taeyeon pulled the grill cover. It was already broken only because the building she was in was an abandoned building. So it won't be too difficult to crawl through the air duct because there won't be any flow of air restricting her from smoothly crawling out.

Her knees and palms became sore from putting a lot of pressure on them. Red and stinging, she didn't pay much attention as her mind was fully concentrated on her task ahead : her escape from the hell hole.

It's been awhile, she has been crawling for awhile, taking twists and turns. She didn't know which way would lead her to the outside world nor she knew how long she had been in the constricted space.

Small voices were heard close by. She crawled quieter, getting closer to the voices. Carefully peeked through the grills to another room to find 2 boys. One striking at a punching bag while the other was sharpening his dagger. Weapons, guns trailed across the walls of the room.

"It's sad that the leader wants to sell her. It would've been better if we kept her as our pet. She's kinda cute" one of them chuckled. A scoff left Taeyeon's lips, immediately she slapped her mouth with her hand.

"What was that?" the other questioned furrowing his eyebrows. He stood up looking around the room. Nerve Wracked, Taeyeon shut her eyes tight, feeling her heartbeat increase.

"What was what? Did something happen?" the other looked at his member confused. He didn't respond and raised his hand in silence. After a long quiet minute he sighed. "I think I'm hearing weird things," he shook his head. A rush of tranquility reached the girl's veins. She released the breath she happened to be holding back.

"The leader left for some business. He won't be back after a while. Yoon-min told me that the others are going to have some fun. They're gonna make some bets and fight. Let's go and watch them."

"I don't want to. The leader would disapprove we are supposed to stay in this section of the building because of the hostage. We can't leave and go to the other side of the building."

"Ugh, have some fun in a while. She ain't leaving anywhere. Come let's go" dragging his friend they both left the room.

Using this as a chance, Taeyeon crawled out of the air vent. She stood up stretching her spine cracking some bones into place. She didn't want a hump back at such a young age.

Carefully, she grabbed any item she could find useful, she strapped a dagger at her arm and placed an already loaded gun in her back pocket.

"This should be enough" she muttered under her breath and turned to crawl back into her safe space. The air vent

Before she could her foot hit something on the floor pulling her attention