↠ C . 8

"What's your name?" The boy watched the quiet girl not saying a word

"What's your name?" The boy watched the quiet girl not saying a word. His lips turned into a thin line. "Hmm it's ok you don't have to tell me your name. What about your age? How old are you?"

He was a stranger, she shouldn't tell him her personal information but having said that she responded.  "15"

"You're quite young. I'm Lee Taeyong and I'm 20 years old. If you don't mind me asking... What happened to you?  I found you drowning"

Aera kept her lips sealed. Her eyes wandered far from his eyes. Taeyong realised that she didn't want to talk about it so he didn't push the subject too far. He changed to topic and talked to the girl having conversations about her interested and dislikes. 

It took awhile for her to open up and become comfortable around him but he succeeded when she happily talked to him. Taeyong was friendly and smiley. At first when he entered she feared him a little because of his unreadable facial expression. But she was wrong. He is the total opposite.

Time flew past as they were extremely into their little chat

Taeyong's mother entered the room to see the two laughing and playing chess. She smiled at the scene. "Looks like your both are getting along well" Aera glanced up to the lady and didn't say a word. Her relaxed body became tensed up again. Even though the lady seemed friendly Aera was still cautious. 

"Lets go downstairs shall we" Aera didn't move. Taeyong detected her nervousness and held his hand out so she could take hold. Nervously  she glanced at his face receiving a reassuring expression. A small sigh left her lips before she gripped him slightly tight. Taeyong rubbed his thumb gently on her hand helping her release her stress

The house was beautiful. Memories printed in photographs adorned on the walls. Pictures of Taeyong as he grew up. He was a happy baby. Their family seemed so close and loving. A unusual feeling illumined inside of her. She couldn't help but feel a tad bit jealous of the older boy. 

Her eyes were fixed on the images trailing down the staircase that she didn't realise that the lady and Taeyong were waiting for the girl at the end of the staircase. Aera glanced at them to see them standing there still. She immediately ran down the stairs. "S-sorry"

Taeyong gave a small smile and ruffled her hair. He grabbed her hand and gently dragged her towards the sofa sitting next to her.  A man was sat down watching TV.

"Ahh you're awake! Are you ok now?" Aera nodded towards him man. She hid her body behind Taeyong a little. 

They all seem kind and generous. But she still didn't trust them fully. 

"I have a few things I just wanted to ask. Firstly, we found you drowning and it's been a few days that you were unconscious. Your parents must be worried, if you tell us your address we can send you home"

Instantly her heart pounded fast and unwanted memories came back to her mind. Visions of her school and the blood on her house flooring blurred her sight.

 Beads of tears built up. Her whole body shook vigorously and she faced away from the man and looked down at her hands. Taeyong noticed the change in her aura, he glanced at his father and shook his head slowly. The man furrowed his eyebrows but understood that it must be a topic not to be brought up. 

"Honey, why don't you show her around the house." Aera followed Taeyong's mother who happily gave her a tour of their gorgeous house. It was quite big. They had an indoor pool and 5 rooms. 2 living rooms.

It was all new to Aera. Her house was nothing but A small living room, kitchen, storage room, one bathroom and 2 bedrooms. It sounds decent but it was quite tiny. She never found a problem with it though, the girl didn't care about how demolished her house was, the wall paper peeling off, sometimes during winter the ceilings would leak with rainwater. She never cared but it astonished her how wealthy some people are to live with no problems. Byeol was wealthy but she could tell these people had more money than Byeol's family do. She couldn't believe how rich people can be.

"Do you want to go home? " Aera looked at Taeyong's father and then at Taeyong. "It's ok we won't hurt you. You can tell us" Aera shook her head slowly mumbling a quiet no

"Were you committing suicide?" She was shocked by the sudden question and hesitated a little. Scared about what they will do. Will they send her to a therapist, orphanage or worse ... The police. Nonetheless Aera nodded agreeing.

As soon as Taeyong's mother saw her nod without thinking sat next the Aera and embraced the young girl in her arms. "Aww darling what happened that made you commit a disastrous decision"

Tears formed in Aera's eyes and made a path down her cheek. She sniffed as the bad memories infiltrated her mind yet again. She pushed the lady gently to wipe her tears. She patted Aera's back and looked at her husband and nodded at him. 

The man smiled, "Would you like to live with us?"

"W-what?!"

"Taeyong told me you're 15. We were supposed to have a daughter your age but she died due to stillbirth. There was a problem with the umbilical cord while my wife was pregnant." 

The lady grabbed hold of Aera's hand making Aera face the mother. "Taeyong also wanted a younger sister. You are the same age as her. I would love you to be my daughter. Why don't you start a new life with us leaving the past behind. What do you say?"

Aera was shaken. Speechless. She wasn't expecting them to want to adopt her. She glanced at Taeyong who nodded towards her saying that it's what he wants as well. Aera pursed her lips and shut her eyes tight

A new start... leave the past behind

She slowly opened her eyes and faced the lady "Yeah I would like that" A huge smile appeared on her lips and she tackled Aera into a hug. 

"Lee Taeyeon... that's the name we were going to call our daughter. What do you think? Are you happy to be called Lee Taeyeon?" Aera vigorously nodded

"I'm glad you agreed Taeyeon" The man said

"Thank you Sir"

"No call me father"

... Father?  - Her eyes widened slightly 

"F- father"

Tears sprung from her brown orbs once again as she spoke the lost word which seemed so foreign but close to her. A vision of her real father came across her mind.. She missed him. But she is happy that she found a new one.

A father, a new mother and ..... an older brother !!

 an older brother !!