↠ C . 62

Like a growing pup, time flew by fast

Like a growing pup, time flew by fast. A month and a half went by. The mansion's tense atmosphere had come down. Johnny left the police force after what happened to Byeol. He couldn't carry on his job without thinking about her.

Taeyeon visited Byeol's grave every Saturday talking to her for an hour. It became a habit. It was another Saturday and the girl was on her way to Byeol. She twisted her door knob and walked down the stairs.

"Are you going?" Renjun asked while scrolling through his phone. The girl nodded while tying her shoes. "Can I come with you next week?" he asked looking up from the screen. Taeyeon gave an ok sign with her fingers and turned to see Jaemin walking towards her.

"Should I come drop you?" he asked in a tired morning voice. He wrapped his arms around her hugging. Taeyeon stroked his hair feeling his chin get heavy on her shoulder. She could tell that he was still sleepy.

"It's ok" she unwrapped her hands motioning him to get back to bed. Instead he fell on the couch cuddling a pillow. Renjun groaned when Jaemin slept beside him

The girl chuckled and left.

"Why is she still not here?" anxiety increased within the mansion. The girl left early in the morning to visit Byeol but has yet to return. It's 7 pm. Jaemin's elbows rested on his bouncing knees. He was biting his nails nervously. Taeyong was panicking at the lack of information about her whereabouts. He blamed himself for not sending someone along with her.

"It's my fault. I should've gone with her instead of sleeping" Jaemin gritted his teeth. "Why didn't you go? You always went with her!!" Taeyong shouted at the boy. "I told you to look after her!"

Jaemin felt guilt rushing through his veins. Only if his sleep didn't take over his tired mind, if he was mentally awake he wouldn't have let her go alone. Renjun felt as guilty as Jaemin felt. He was there when she left. He forgot that she wasn't allowed to leave the mansion alone.

"Look there is no point in blaming each other" Yuta spoke out

"What if something happened just like....." Mark's voice quieted as he stopped himself from carrying on his sentence

"Like who Mark?" Donghyuck snapped at the older boy. He knew exactly who Mark was referring to.

"Look, the last thing we want is arguments in this household. All we can hope for is for the others to bring good news to us"

As soon as Johnny finished his sentence the front door opened with a large bang. Tail, Doyoung and Jaehyun walked in drenched with rain water.

"What happened?" Taeyong asked, Jaemin stood up making his way closer to the older boys

Jaehyun shook his head avoiding eye contact. "We couldn't find a trace of her. We even checked the CCTV but they got nothing" Taeil's voice wavered, worried for the girl